swamplover56

***Winter Countdown Thread 2018-2019***

WHY DO I LOVE FEB SO MUCH ? 

I like a blend of  02/03  09/10  14/15 

WSI

DpirtpKWkAAlkAZ.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

Are we moving more towards a Modoki or basin-wide El Nino? I have seen both mentioned as possibilities with more emphasis on Modoki.

Too early to say, I think that was my point above.

today's AO/NAO forecast is for both to go negative...the nao has been positive since March I believe...if they both go very negative it means a fast start to winter as long as it keeps repeating...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PB GFI said:

Dpir_nWWsAEAQcE.jpg

For posterity, everyone note these are going Normal temps for December and January. Meh...really do not want to a backloaded Winter this year. Much is going against that working out for us. Just this guy's opinion. Can still fare well with a N temp regime in Dec-Jan, but this Winter has been hyped to some degree. Normal isn't going to cut it at this juncture.

• Like 1

as of now I'm on board for a good December...after that if the pattern holds the end of January or February could have a major snowstorm...

• Like 3

I just can’t wait to start tracking snowstorms. The highs and the lows with all of you! There has been so much hype it’s crazy but all it takes really is 2-3 big snow storms and you get your average or above. 

• Like 2

Siberian snow cover advancing, and is trying to make up for the slow start to October in that department. I can't seem to save images from the site, but all you need to do is click on the link, and then press "departure" and cycle through the past few days

https://climate.rutgers.edu/snowcover/chart_daily.php?ui_year=2018&ui_day=286&ui_set=2

• Like 1