2018 Boston Red Sox - Sports - 33andrain Jump to content

Best team with the best players. Destroying everything in their path.

Can they be stopped?

• Like 1

I still think the Astros have the best team in the league.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Allsnow said:

It's not like the 3 starts before that stretch were bad either (21 IP, 1.71 ERA, 30/6 K/BB, 11 hits allowed).

Right now, Sale's 215 ERA+ is tied for 24th all-time among individual seasons. His 13.21 K/9 is also the 2nd highest of all time behind only 2001 Randy Johnson (13.41 K/9), though keep in mind the league strikeout rate was a lot lower in 2001 than it is now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, evan said:

It's not like the 3 starts before that stretch were bad either (21 IP, 1.71 ERA, 30/6 K/BB, 11 hits allowed).

Right now, Sale's 215 ERA+ is tied for 24th all-time among individual seasons. His 13.21 K/9 is also the 2nd highest of all time behind only 2001 Randy Johnson (13.41 K/9), though keep in mind the league strikeout rate was a lot lower in 2001 than it is now.

Impressive stuff! Now the question for Sox fans is will he run out of gas again by October? 

4 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

Sale hurt

Good bye Division 

On 7/31/2018 at 10:20 PM, Allsnow said:

Good bye Division 

You didn't say who'd be saying goodbye. ;)

Still not over, especially if the Yanks take the next two. But it's nice to know that even if that's the case, they hold a 5.5 game lead. I figured the first two pitching matchups were tossups as well. Seeing Porcello throw a one-hit Maddux was pretty cool.

• Like 1

Things look bleak right now.  I'm generally not a debbie downer but I really can not see the Yankees taking the division.  Boston looks too good and the Yankees look too mediocre.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IamFenwick said:

Things look bleak right now.  I'm generally not a debbie downer but I really can not see the Yankees taking the division.  Boston looks too good and the Yankees look too mediocre.  

68-41 isn't "mediocre"

• Like 1

19 hours ago, evan said:

68-41 isn't "mediocre"

They are 6-8 in their last 14.  That's actually worse than mediocre in the 2nd half of the season.  I should have put lately after mediocre.

• Like 1

IT'S ALL OVER! THE MIGHTY RED SOX HAVE CONQUERED THE EVIL EMPIRE! ALL HAIL YOUR NEW KINGS OF BASEBALL, NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM NOW!

9 hours ago, WxInTheBronx said:

IT'S ALL OVER! THE MIGHTY RED SOX HAVE CONQUERED THE EVIL EMPIRE! ALL HAIL YOUR NEW KINGS OF BASEBALL, NO ONE IS STOPPING THEM NOW!

Wait to say this until October.  Winning a 4 game series in August is nice, but winning a 7 game series in October is what really matters.  Anything short of a WS win for this team is a bad season now. 

• Like 1

Just be happy we are still in the hunt.  That's all that really matters.  Anything can happen in October so as long as we are in the playoffs we should all be happy.  Be thankful we are not Met fans!!!

• Like 1

@evan 5 runs in a blink of a eye last night for this team! Best in baseball. Although, Kimble has been shaky the last few outings