2018 New York Jets - Sports - 33andrain Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Maddis

2018 New York Jets

Sam Darnold looks Goooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!! I may sound like a lovesick teenager, but to watch him throw that beautiful touchdown pass made me want to cry tears of Joy. I believe he is the real deal. Nice 17-0 win for the Jets. 

50 years ago the Jets won everything...I was young and it was a very good year...after the win I got another win a month later when NYC got the Lindsay storm...here is the 68 Jets season for good karma...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, uncle w said:

50 years ago the Jets won everything...I was young and it was a very good year...after the win I got another win a month later when NYC got the Lindsay storm...here is the 68 Jets season for good karma...

Joe Benigno loved that year! I miss joe B! 

The 2 most bitter losses for me were the 1983 AFC Championship when QB Richard threw 5 INTs including 3 to AJ Duhy of the Dolphins. Jets lost 17-0. 

The Dan Marino Fake Spike game in Nov 1994 was also bad as the jets went on to lose 32 out of the 36 games. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Andrew Maddis said:

The 2 most bitter losses for me were the 1983 AFC Championship when QB Richard threw 5 INTs including 3 to AJ Duhy of the Dolphins. Jets lost 17-0. 

The Dan Marino Fake Spike game in Nov 1994 was also bad as the jets went on to lose 32 out of the 36 games. 

for me it was the 1969 loss in the championship game to KC 13-6...

On 8/14/2018 at 2:45 PM, uncle w said:

for me it was the 1969 loss in the championship game to KC 13-6...

My father told me about that game, it was crushing for him as well. 

I believe Darnold will be the starting QB on opening Day. I cannot see him not getting it. He looks very solid and he is learning as he goes along. 

I do not expect him to throw for 9800 yards and 93 TDs. There will be growing pains, he will make mistakes, but thats OK. He is young and he will get better with time. Patience is going to be the key here and it shouldn't be hard. 

Great thing about being a jets fan and being born in 1984 is literally no expectations. Never been heartbroken because jets have never had a decent team in my lifetime. 

9 hours ago, Andrew Maddis said:

My father told me about that game, it was crushing for him as well. 

I was at the game with standing room only tickets near the score board...they could have won two super bowls in a row...Namath couldn't score inside the five twice...it's been downhill from then...they were called stuper Jets that year in the papers...

QB Sam Darnold will be the Youngest QB to start in NFL History at 21 years old. 

I cannot believe it. After ALL of those years, he looks like the QB Jet Fans have been waiting for ever since Joe Namath retired.

I am still cautiously optimistic but I cannot ever remember feeling confident like this. I am so excited for the season this year. 

J     E    T    S  JETSJETSJETSJETS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Darnold looks to have the entire package! Good move by the Jets. Their will be growing pains, but in the end it will help him. 

3 hours ago, Frankdp23 said:

Awful announcing 

The crew for the second game is awful! Witten is non existent in the booth, and I don’t get the guy jumping in the conversation from the field! 

• Like 1

Great win and I like the way Darnold shook off the pick-6. I am not expecting 19-0 or anything like that but the fact that every facet of the Jets did what they did I cannot help but be excited for this season.

• Like 1