Lake Effect Snow (LES) Super Thread 2018 - Page 2 - Weather Spotlight - 33andrain Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
33andrain

Lake Effect Snow (LES) Super Thread 2018

Well @MesoBanding I guess it's gonna be you and I on the LES thread this year haha :). With the exception of thanksgiving/winter breaks, I'll be reporting from Ithaca this winter. Looks like our next shot at snow is Wednesday night. Not a great setup for me with a WNW wind, but idk exactly where you are in relation

us_model-en-153-0_modusahd_2018102306_46_479_155.png

us_model-en-153-0_modusahd_2018102306_46_479_212.png

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Jack Sillin said:

Well @MesoBanding I guess it's gonna be you and I on the LES thread this year haha :). With the exception of thanksgiving/winter breaks, I'll be reporting from Ithaca this winter. Looks like our next shot at snow is Wednesday night. Not a great setup for me with a WNW wind, but idk exactly where you are in relation

Just recently, we had a number of people sign up in LES land, just gotta direct them here.  :) 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jack Sillin said:

Right where the dark blue blob is SW of SYR. I’m in the village of Skaneateles. 

I am in Ithaca all the time. Insane state parks and waterfalls and the best farmers market I’ve ever seen!!!  

Study hard young Mr. Sillin!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MesoBanding said:

Right where the dark blue blob is SW of SYR. I’m in the village of Skaneateles. 

I am in Ithaca all the time. Insane state parks and waterfalls and the best farmers market I’ve ever seen!!!  

Study hard young Mr. Sillin!

ah, nice, not far away at all! This really is a great area. And yes, the farmers market is absolutely amazing!! If you're ever down here for it one weekend, give me a shout, I'd love to say hi! :) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jack Sillin said:

ah, nice, not far away at all! This really is a great area. And yes, the farmers market is absolutely amazing!! If you're ever down here for it one weekend, give me a shout, I'd love to say hi! :) 

Will do. We plan to head down that way for a weekend in December for a play and the Christmas season in Ithaca. Likewise.

I always love time spent with genius mind...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MesoBanding said:

Will do. We plan to head down that way for a weekend in December for a play and the Christmas season in Ithaca. Likewise.

I always love time spent with genius mind...

Haha, many thanks :) and I definitely look forward to that!!

• Like 2

Just now, Jack Sillin said:

Haha, many thanks :) and I definitely look forward to that!!

Please do hike Buttermilk Falls and the lower and upper parts of Treman if you haven’t. Insane.

The upper part of Treman is a top 3 most beautiful place I’ve seen in our country!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MesoBanding said:

Please do hike Buttermilk Falls and the lower and upper parts of Treman if you haven’t. Insane.

The upper part of Treman is a top 3 most beautiful place I’ve seen in our country!

I have been to Buttermilk. Can't say the same about Treman. Will put it on the to do list for sure!

• Like 2

Some LES it looks like after the storm passage. Right about on time for (anecdotal) first snow around here

b19071c4-993d-4799-bdcc-80138b20f461.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NotSparta said:

Some LES it looks like after the storm passage. Right about on time for (anecdotal) first snow around here

b19071c4-993d-4799-bdcc-80138b20f461.gif

Yep, the airmass is pretty chilly coming this weekend 

• Like 1

We could see another outbreak of squalls affecting a large part of the NE as soon as next weekend if the UKMET is right 

precip_6hourly_NECONUS_hr096.png

• Like 2

My cousin lives near erie and they were forecasted 1-3.. they got this.. i will have to spend one nov/dec in a LE area before i die. 

B621447B-D060-4F45-A03A-D5BC395FCBE1.png

• Like 2