Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread - Page 53 - 33andrain Spotlight - 33andrain Jump to content
33andrain

Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread

3 hours ago, CCB! said:

I'd argue that the Squidworth ridge out west is the more offensive feature here.

squid.jpg

lol!

• Like 1

frozen ground pending tonight! 

thats all we have here.

• Like 2

Almost fell off my roof trying to put up my new weather station.  Decided against it for that location for now since the roof it too steep.  Temporarily placed it on top of my shed on a pole mount.  Only problem there is trees near it screw up the wind measurements.  I'll figure somewhere else out once it is warmer in the spring.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CCB! said:

I'd argue that the Squidworth ridge out west is the more offensive feature here.

squid.jpg

:roll: 

Just now, Allsnow said:

D0F2EA92-298F-4531-820D-A6132CEA33B4.png

Nice NYC to Boston screw zone

Just now, dmillz25 said:

Nice NYC to Boston screw zone

5B4F085D-2936-47A1-BEE6-3D40EFA2CAC4.png

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Frankdp23 said:

Almost fell off my roof trying to put up my new weather station.  Decided against it for that location for now since the roof it too steep.  Temporarily placed it on top of my shed on a pole mount.  Only problem there is trees near it screw up the wind measurements.  I'll figure somewhere else out once it is warmer in the spring.  

Safety harness my man! 

I'll be doing that next week, not looking forward to that part of the setup. I'm going with the chimney mount. Went with the ambient weather ws-2092a... Little on the cheap side tbh, but can always upgrade later if unsatisfied. 

You can get the anemometer set up later, but at least you've got the other measurements lined up. Which model did you go with? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CCB! said:

Safety harness my man! 

I'll be doing that next week, not looking forward to that part of the setup. I'm going with the chimney mount. Went with the ambient weather ws-2092a... Little on the cheap side tbh, but can always upgrade later if unsatisfied. 

You can get the anemometer set up later, but at least you've got the other measurements lined up. Which model did you go with? 

Actually the same one.  I was going to go with a Davis,  but my wife got me it for xmas. It feels kind of cheap, but it seems to have good reviews. It was easy to set up.  Good luck installing.   The worst part after installing would be going back up to change batteries, so dont make it too hard for yourself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frankdp23 said:

Good luck installing.   The worst part after installing would be going back up to change batteries, so dont make it too hard for yourself.

Lol, I do appreciate the tip. Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing. If it's not up to snuff, I'll donate it to somebody & go for the Davis. But I'm hoping it'll do the trick. The side by side reviews in regard to measurements with the Davis pro models are supposedly quite close. But it only updates every sixteen seconds, so wondering if that'll skew some of the wind gust recordings. Let me know what you think after you give it some time. 

1 hour ago, Allsnow said:

D0F2EA92-298F-4531-820D-A6132CEA33B4.png

LOL

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ModRisk said:

Wow Upton already put out an official forecast for the next threat.   

Screenshot_20190110-202157.png

Still too soon

• Like 1

Member 7 of the GEFS is the BECS we've all been waiting for.

• Like 1

This is an awesome view and amazing - VEI 3 explosion - I would love to see what a 5 or 6 woudl look like!!

This along with Krakatoa implications for us down the road??

Manam volcano news and eruption updates (New Guinea):

Manam volcano (Papua New Guinea) activity update: Another large explosion

Friday Jan 11, 2019 05:28 AM | BY: MJFLEGEND

Another high-altitude plume to 50,000ft (15km) has been generated- 3 days after the last one. 

Sabancaya volcano news & activity updates:

Sabancaya Volcano Volcanic Ash Advisory: INTERMITTENT PUFF EMISSIONS to 27000 ft (8200 m)

Friday Jan 11, 2019 07:00 AM | BY: VN

Explosive activity continues. Volcanic Ash Advisory Center (VAAC) Buenos Aires warned about a volcanic ash plume that rose up to estimated 27000 ft (8200 m) altitude or flight level 270 and is moving at 15 kts in NW direction.

This seismic activity  from southern areas of the suns coronal hole ejections that will affect earth Jan 12 & 13th. As well as low solar.

Coronal Holes: 11 Jan 19

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

coronalhole_sdo_200.gif

• Like 2

The 20th and 22nd both cut them we go into the freeezer with cold and dry til the next cutter happens. 

• Like 2

For NYC, has anyone else noticed that whenever it finally is cold enough to snow, confluence screws up the threat. Whenever there's no cold air, storms cut into Montana. Go figure...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

For NYC, has anyone else noticed that whenever it finally is cold enough to snow, confluence screws up the threat. Whenever there's no cold air, storms cut into Montana. Go figure...

Always stuck in the middle

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, LHVwx said:

Always stuck in the middle

snow247!

• Like 2