Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread - Page 55 - 33andrain Spotlight - 33andrain Jump to content
33andrain

Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread

40 minutes ago, CCB! said:

Yeah, it's simple, but I'm hoping it does the job. Out of the box setup was easy, the unit connected right away & each sensor seems to be working properly... Next part is trying to get it connected to the internet/wunderground & of course the roof mounting. Good luck with yours! 

Good luck to you. I'm not ready to order yet. The money I get from plowing pays for my toys like that. You know how that's been so far.

I've read that rain & wind speed readings are not always accurate. Seems the key is to get it perfectly level & keep it clean, free of leaves, spider webs, etc... There's a fb group that the owner seems to be pretty active in.

Nov 15th ring any bells?? Look at this in St Louis 

This was not a surprise snowstorm like.ours, we'll not to us on this board at least!

2nd one in 4 days to this altitude 

YET ANOTHER POWERFUL ERUPTION AT MANAM VOLCANO — ASH FIRED 50,000 FEET A.S.L.

A new high-altitude eruption took place at Papua New Guinea’s Manam volcano at 04:25 UTC on Jan 11. The Aviation Colour Code remains red.

According to the Darwin VAAC, the eruption produced a column of ash rising up to 15.2 km (50,000 feet) above sea level. The volcanic ash was observed on satellite imagery and confirmed by ground reports.

Remember my post earlier today about the coronal hole well it's the 12th there right on cue and 5 other volcanoes had eruptions as well in this vicinity.

It's happening boyz!!

• Like 1

The tenor in the New England thread “across the street” is brutal. Ray already punted the 20th to see something big. If we go into February with under 12” going to be brutal

Just finished up a poker session at Foxwoods.  I run so bad.

Had. 88 vs 87. 27367 was the board.

Had Ak suited and ran into AA.

Had A10 vs J10. AJ1010J was the board.

Had AA vs kj.  J552J was the board.

Took a lot of bad calls for them to get there.  

• Like 2

Ugh can’t it be next weekend already lmao!! Interested in see how all this plays out. Congrats to our southern friends. :)  

• Like 1

I’m almost looking forward to spring. We are approaching 60 days between accumulating snow for my area. The mjo going back to day 5, next weekend will probably miss, and my brother in freaking charlotsville about to zoom past 20” with his second warned event I’m on the edge

• Like 1

I have to agree with it, I’m ready for spring. I’m sure we will hit a good few weeks of deep winter like advertised. However, it seems every storm, the patterns not ready yet and we have to wait for the next storm. At some point, it’s almost February and with the expectations this winter had, a good three week stretch just wouldn’t cut it for me. Lol. Just my thoughts. Means nothing which is why I posted it in banter. 

This is the 6th time in the last 50 years that's there's been no measurable snow (locally) from December 1 through January 12.

18 minutes ago, Heavy snow said:

I have to agree with it, I’m ready for spring. I’m sure we will hit a good few weeks of deep winter like advertised. However, it seems every storm, the patterns not ready yet and we have to wait for the next storm. At some point, it’s almost February and with the expectations this winter had, a good three week stretch just wouldn’t cut it for me. Lol. Just my thoughts. Means nothing which is why I posted it in banter. 

I hear ya. 

I love being ready and patient for the next storm but if this next one goes Negative and guys get like well we need this to set up the next one - my fat arse we keep captiualting and quantifying the pattern from the be patient and the next storm and the pattern needs to mature and ~20 and yada yada yada. GTFOH.  Stop the bs of looking 7 days away.

I am a believer in Dr.Joel Meyers "rubber band effect" where once it was warm in a cold it will snap back ferociously the other way- how long that will last remains to be seen - I am hoping for 45 -60 days would be great but rather it happens Dec 20th than Jan 20 but beggers can't be choosers!

Jim Witt had this storm from years out on his calendar of "Dates to Watch"but it just did not get enough latitude to affect us up here in the NYC region unless something drastic happens like the HP sliding east like a Jet. His 92% correctness on these calls is remarkable.

Ya I get their passion and for their insane knowledge that I don’t have, to see things I can’t see but eventually the calendar is the calendar. With the expectations of 125-150% of average, I was expecting 60-70 (I’d be lying actually if more didn’t cross my mind lol) inches were I live in the mid Hudson valley. I have 10. With 8 of that 2 months ago. At some point a 2 week run at the end of February, when I was expecting so much more, well I’d rather just go fishing and have the stripers start running. 

And btw all this banter ranting I just did, was with the caveat that next weekend doesn’t work out. If it does, I’m all in lol. Jan 20th is early enough to start winter! 

11 minutes ago, DukeBD said:

Fv3

AD88A42F-72EE-4333-963C-A9A8BF2974BB.gif

Going in a frame next to my wedding picture.

All time best map. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PB GFI said:

Going in a frame next to my wedding picture.

All time best map. 

I think my wife would understand if I took ours down and put this up.   It’s only seasonal, so she’ll understand 

• Like 1

I’m gonna make a bold call and say we can lock in next weekends storm, and possibly the one for the 24th. We won’t be having anywhere to put the snow 😉

Thoughts; probably will get moved to banter but might not:

with how models are prediciting, if Pats and Chargers win, probably would be worth betting the house on the pats in that blizzard...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RAllen964 said:

Thoughts; probably will get moved to banter but might not:

with how models are prediciting, if Pats and Chargers win, probably would be worth betting the house on the pats in that blizzard...

Pats and chargers can’t both win

2 minutes ago, Heavy snow said:

Pats and chargers can’t both win

Duh. Was thinking colts