Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread - Page 118 - Forecasting and Discussion - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
33andrain

Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread

So now that we want a big time cutter to set up our pattern. Watch this not happen and screw us again lol. 

Does anyone know what the cost for the StormVista corporate subscription is?

@Rtd208 nothing in my post read you couldn’t disagree with his thoughts. All I said was to take it to banter and remind everyone he is a member here 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

@Rtd208 nothing in my post read you couldn’t disagree with his thoughts. All I said was to take it to banter and remind everyone he is a member here 

To me, it seems like he just tries to go against the consensus just for the sake of going against the consensus sometimes.
If you pull it off, you look like a hero.

But if you do that and bust, then you can have lots of egg on your face.

My biggest question is, do we keep trending colder with this?? We are still around 36 hours out.

2 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

My biggest question is, do we keep trending colder with this?? We are still around 36 hours out.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's just superstition, but I feel like we'll see some warmer trends leading up to the storm. Usually if it looks good this far out, it ends up not being good

Hope we can get at least one all snow, no questions asked storm...where there's no chance of sleet rain etc ...The kind of storm where we don't go blind trying to decipher snow maps with precip types, change over time, Kutchera  etc. Just look at qpf, estimate  ratios, and take it from there.

• Like 2

anyone have a good blank map for the NJ, Eastern PA, and NY/Long Island Area.  Accidentally saved my current thoughts over my blank map and am struggling to find one.

Thank You..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, doncat said:

Hope we can get at least one all snow, no questions asked storm...where there's no chance of sleet rain etc ...The kind of storm where we don't go blind trying to decipher snow maps with precip types, change over time, Kutchera  etc. Just look at qpf, estimate  ratios, and take it from there.

It would be pretty funny if that were to happen in April. Just like the last two storms of last winter. The second to last being 14” beautiful inches for me on the island 

5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It would be pretty funny if that were to happen in April. Just like the last two storms of last winter. The second to last being 14” beautiful inches for me on the island 

Same here ,13" here with that one. 24.7" for the month.

It would just fit the theme this winter of nothing going right for a snowstorm...wave one depressed further south so little or nothing from that, then wave two delayed giving time for the upper  levels  to warm, so sleet more  likely....storms too fast, too slow, too south, too north...amazing.

• Like 1

This is just a horrid winter. We simply can not win here. Highlight was an epic snow squall. I just had to bitch about this. I am just rooting for a fat ridge in the east now. I don't even want to see anymore snow this year (it's really that bad!). Please God, just bring Spring now.

:)

• Like 2

With the gefs looking better and better each run I’m expecting the op euro and gfs are going to show a pretty extreme solution soon

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

With the gefs looking better and better each run I’m expecting the op euro and gfs are going to show a pretty extreme solution soon

One can only hope we finally see something out of this pattern:). 

10 hours ago, swamplover56 said:

My question is what would make this different then all the busts we’ve had this winter? Serious question, I’m not trying to be a smartass. Just seems like we’ve heard this story a billion times so far this winter with nothing to show for it. 

As long as there is white stuff flying around tomorrow either sleet and or snow I’ll be happy at this point. Then let’s hope the next chance can deliver. Hope for a big time cut for the 16th to set up our 50/50 for the 20th storm.