Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread - Page 130 - US-Focused Forecast and Discussion - 33andrain Jump to content
33andrain

Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread

6 hours ago, dmillz25 said:

Just a random question. How many times have people witnessed thundersnow here? Me I’ve witnessed it 5 times last time being last March 

Once as a kid in the 80s. Jan 2011 severe sleet storm. Last March 2nd storm are the three I remember most. Do you remember any of the dates? That might refresh my memorie.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Once as a kid in the 80s. Jan 2011 severe sleet storm. Last March 2nd storm are the three I remember most. Do you remember any of the dates? That might refresh my memorie.

Yeah last March, Jan 27, 2011, boxing day, Feb 2017

1 minute ago, ChineseFood4Snow said:

I'm going to drive my snowblower around the block just for kicks.  That gas ain't gonna use itself.

I only put gas in the snowblower when a snowstorm is coming.

10 hours ago, dmillz25 said:

Just a random question. How many times have people witnessed thundersnow here? Me I’ve witnessed it 5 times last time being last March 

Presidents Day Feb 1975 was the first time

Most intense lightning display was FEB 11 1983.........JAN 26-27 2011 doesnt even come close.

Loudest Thunder was Presidents Day 1975,  JAN 22 1987 storm and the FEB 4th 1995 storm ...(that one knocked me out of bed it was so loud)

12 hours ago, dmillz25 said:

I think about five for me as well. 

5 hours ago, Nchaboy said:

The curse of the early snow storm lol. 

It's not that. It's just that we had an SSW that ruined the flow of our winter. We've had November snowfall and great winters that followed. 

• Like 2

We will probably get a 28" blizzard on March 5th. Winter saved for all lol.

18 hours ago, Event Horizon said:

It's not that. It's just that we had an SSW that ruined the flow of our winter. We've had November snowfall and great winters that followed. 

People were excited when the SSW happened.

8 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

We need a NYC gtg

Agreed. Btw you have been surpassed by Samsara2 as the top weenie on this forum.

• Like 2

Occurrences of thundersnow in my lifetime:
Last March

Jan 2011, but it was technically thundersleet.
Late March 2011, there was a brief thundersleet shower.

February 2006

January 1996

March 1993

I will laugh if this wind event fails. Then you will know we are in a really bad winter when we can't even buy a high wind event. But I am sure this will produce since its not snow.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I will laugh if this wind event fails. Then you will know we are in a really bad winter when we can't even buy a high wind event. But I am sure this will produce since its not snow.

It has already verified. Not sure what’s going on down in Middlesex, but it’s absurd wind just up the parkway. 

2 hours ago, 33andrain said:

It has already verified. Not sure what’s going on down in Middlesex, but it’s absurd wind just up the parkway. 

Very windy here now.

• Like 1