Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread - Page 132 - US-Focused Forecast and Discussion - 33andrain Jump to content
33andrain

Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread

3 minutes ago, Nchaboy said:

One more rant lol. The Monday storm has killed any chance at the mid week storm and now just killed our chance most likely for any snow on the coast. #winter18-19

I have absolutely no meteorological basis when I say this, however, as was alluded to in the main thread, with how much this system has moved to the N and W, having a low just west of Bermuda for the midweek storm might be what we want to see 7 days out and may be a good sign???  Who knows anymore!

• Like 2

As I mentioned in a few posts during the night, I see no reason to go against the seasonal trend that has plagued us all winter. Whatever storm potential there is over the next 10 days or so will most likely be a miss or warm and mostly liquid IMO. I just have a hard to supporting any storm with significant frozen precipitation for the NYC metro area as much as I hate to say that.

• Like 1

So people are giving up on a storm (March 6th)that’s like 9 days out? Lol. Cmon guys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mcttothejj said:

So people are giving up on a storm (March 6th)that’s like 9 days out? Lol. Cmon guys

Exactly, sounds familiar to other places which is too bad. I get it, this has been a tuff winter. But writing things off a week out is nuts. 

IMO there is going to be alot of disappointment in this forum come next week. I really hope I am wrong.

This has been the best winter I've seen since moving here in 2014. We've had 52" of snow, sitting at the 2nd snowiest winter on record, February is gonna be a top 10 coldest and on Sunday we likely wont top 5 above when our normal high is early d 45 degrees. 

After this morning's snow event in SNE, the NYC area is now just about the least snowy area in the northern tier this winter. Truly horrible luck. Kick in the nuts after kick in the nuts. And these are close misses, 2 recent scrapes to the north, and to the south. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Psv said:

After this morning's snow event in SNE, the NYC area is now just about the least snowy area in the northern tier this winter. Truly horrible luck. Kick in the nuts after kick in the nuts. And these are close misses, 2 recent scrapes to the north, and to the south. 

We picked up .25”! It was glorious. But in all honesty I’ll take any frozen precip event. As long as there is a coating it’s OT for me. So in that regard this winter hasn’t been too awful. I’m actually beating 2015/16 

I'm *only* 8" below where I was last year heading into March. 21.5" vs 29.5". It's still crazy how much snow I got last March and April. Nearly 32" in those 2 months alone. For this year, I just need about 10-11" to get to normal. With 1-2" tonight and possibly upwards of 6" Monday if things turn out right, I'm going to get close. I don't think Monday is the last chance for the interior either.

• Like 1

lmao this winter has been disastrous for the coast. The energy here is so different compared to last year, of course. It's tough, I hope severe season is more exciting lol. We have had some gems. The November storm and that snow squall was dope. 

On 2/26/2019 at 9:53 PM, Qtown Snow said:

the final season ending winter snows are coming!!!!! let's do this!!!!!

b0252.gif

Related image

b0242.gif

• Like 1

I fully expect to get screwed by tonight's event like I did by this mornings snowfall. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised or make up for lost time (snow) on Sunday/Monday.

1 hour ago, Rtd208 said:

I fully expect to get screwed by tonight's event like I did by this mornings snowfall. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised or make up for lost time (snow) on Sunday/Monday.

What are your reasons for expecting to get screwed? While it may not be an all snow event there will definitely be plenty of frozen