Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread - Page 138 - US-Focused Forecast and Discussion - 33andrain Jump to content
33andrain

Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread

5 hours ago, Analog96 said:

I personally think it's disgusting because they haven't had any of the higher level courses we've had.

Yet they can say they are a meteorologist on TV just because they have a CBM.

Then the general public thinks they're legit.

I did look up the requirements for a CBM and they do have to take a number of meteorology courses, but certainly not anywhere near a degree's worth.  I can definitely say that I'd laugh at the prospect of someone taking maybe 1/3 of the advanced chemical eng'g courses and calling themselves a chemical engineer, so I would think most "real" meteorologists (with degrees in meteorology) would feel similarly about the CBM contingent.  

https://www.ametsoc.org/ams/index.cfm/education-careers/ams-professional-certification-programs/certified-broadcast-meteorologist-program-cbm/

Wind is blowing like crazy in Colorado this afternoon. 96 mph wind gust in Colorado Springs 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 4.14.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 4.15.00 PM.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Logan Giles said:

Wind is blowing like crazy in Colorado this afternoon. 96 mph wind gust in Colorado Springs 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 4.14.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 4.15.00 PM.png

This is insane !! 

Cow calf operations in areas like western Nebraska and eastern Colorado are getting hit hard by this storm. It hit right in the beginning of calving season 

John Franco , Fred Wilpon,Brodie Van Wagenen and PJ Conlon

IMG_20190313_222727_609.jpg

received_433794524023042.jpeg

received_2043604752413810.jpeg

IMG_20190313_222727_608.jpg

• Like 3

On 3/11/2019 at 7:22 PM, ru848789 said:

I did look up the requirements for a CBM and they do have to take a number of meteorology courses, but certainly not anywhere near a degree's worth.  I can definitely say that I'd laugh at the prospect of someone taking maybe 1/3 of the advanced chemical eng'g courses and calling themselves a chemical engineer, so I would think most "real" meteorologists (with degrees in meteorology) would feel similarly about the CBM contingent.  

https://www.ametsoc.org/ams/index.cfm/education-careers/ams-professional-certification-programs/certified-broadcast-meteorologist-program-cbm/

The courses they have to take are the easiest courses in the meteorology program and do not involve any of the major equations

2 hours ago, Psv said:

Who is that fat dude next to them?

Who's fat?

That's not fat

This is my last game at Port St Lucie before heading home tomorrow.

Sitting 2 rows behind the plate

Let's go Mets

FB_IMG_1552665703257.jpg

20190315_114320.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, amugs said:

Wow crazy

wow

I am really glad we that winter is basically behind us now. It didn't live up to expectations and we hope for much better next winter. Looking forward to hopefully getting some good severe/heavy rain events as we head into the spring and summer. The next 10 days look rather quiet so enjoy it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rtd208 said:

I am really glad we that winter is basically behind us now. It didn't live up to expectations and we hope for much better next winter. Looking forward to hopefully getting some good severe/heavy rain events as we head into the spring and summer. The next 10 days look rather quiet so enjoy it.

I sure as hell will. It is shocking to see this place dead when there are no winter threats, though. Speaks to the general consensus that this winter is done, I think.

Northeast Snowstorms Volume 1 and 2 Set by Paul Kocin and Louis Uccellini going for 100 dollars on Amazon. Been hearing about these books for years. Is it worth it?