The Banter Thread - Page 217 - Forecasting and Discussion - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
33andrain

The Banter Thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, SnowWolf87 said:

Winter never came this year

 

Maybe spring will

with rain almost every day with temps in the 40's and 50's makes this February an April...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SnowWolf87 said:

Winter never came this year

 

Maybe spring will


We had a few decent chances in late November/early December, but the pattern since then has been terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am actually starting to look forward to the warmer weather and hopefully plenty of severe weather chances. By mid February I usually start getting tired of winter unless it has been a good winter for cold/snow. I wouldn't mind seeing a few high end storm threats develop though for the rest of February/March regardless of precipitation type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I am actually starting to look forward to the warmer weather and hopefully plenty of severe weather chances. By mid February I usually start getting tired of winter unless it has been a good winter for cold/snow. I wouldn't mind seeing a few high end storm threats develop though for the rest of February/March regardless of precipitation type.

I would like to see some freakin sun 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Oliviajames3 said:

I would like to see some freakin sun 

Good luck with that. Welcome to the rainy season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Oliviajames3 said:

I would like to see some freakin sun 

Good luck with this as cosmic rays are near all time highs, this usually results in more cloud nucleization=cloudy days.

Car wash which I go to said this past year has been horrible for business with many cloudy and rainy days. More of this to come.

Cosmic Rays Solar minimum is underway. The sun's magnetic field is weak, allowing extra cosmic rays into the solar system. Neutron counts from the University of Oulu's Sodankyla Geophysical Observatory show that cosmic rays reaching Earth in 2019 are near a Space Age peak.

Oulu Neutron Counts
Percentages of the Space Age average:
today: +11.4% Very High
7-day change: +1.1%uparrow.png
Max: +11.7% Very High 
(12/2009)
Min: -32.1% Very Low (06/1991)
explanation | more data
Updated 11 Feb 2020 @ 0500 UT

 

 

oulu.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, amugs said:

Good luck with this as cosmic rays are near all time highs, this usually results in more cloud nucleization=cloudy days.

Car wash which I go to said this past year has been horrible for business with many cloudy and rainy days. More of this to come.

Cosmic Rays Solar minimum is underway. The sun's magnetic field is weak, allowing extra cosmic rays into the solar system. Neutron counts from the University of Oulu's Sodankyla Geophysical Observatory show that cosmic rays reaching Earth in 2019 are near a Space Age peak.

Oulu Neutron Counts
Percentages of the Space Age average:
today: +11.4% Very High
7-day change: +1.1%uparrow.png
Max: +11.7% Very High 
(12/2009)
Min: -32.1% Very Low (06/1991)
explanation | more data
Updated 11 Feb 2020 @ 0500 UT

 

 

oulu.png

I own a full service car wash.  February will be a very bad month but January was okay since there was a little salt from the event on the 7th on January followed by a few dry weeks other than a few Saturdays.  Yes car washing is very tough in these rainy cloudy days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Oliviajames3 said:

I would like to see some freakin snow

Fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight's event just re-exemplifies the problem we've faced all winter: no real cold and no favorable tracks. After perhaps a quick thump of 1-3 by sunrise nearly everyone rains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crossbowftw3 said:

Tonight's event just re-exemplifies the problem we've faced all winter: no real cold and no favorable tracks. After perhaps a quick thump of 1-3 by sunrise nearly everyone rains.

 

1-3" is a good call for those N of 84. Reminds me of the event this past Monday. No snow until you literally hit 84

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, snywx said:

 

1-3" is a good call for those N of 84. Reminds me of the event this past Monday. No snow until you literally hit 84

And then, after daytime highs in the 40s the mercury drops to 20 degree daytime highs for Friday/Saturday...only to jump back into the 40s. This winter hasn't given any slack for anyone and I'm growing ever more certain this will be how winter ends outside of one, maybe two, big storms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Crossbowftw3 said:

And then, after daytime highs in the 40s the mercury drops to 20 degree daytime highs for Friday/Saturday...only to jump back into the 40s. This winter hasn't given any slack for anyone and I'm growing ever more certain this will be how winter ends outside of one, maybe two, big storms.


this winter is/was a disaster. Not the worse I’ve experienced up here but def top 3. 
 

Hopefully tonights event somehow over performs up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snywx said:


this winter is/was a disaster. Not the worse I’ve experienced up here but def top 3. 
 

Hopefully tonights event somehow over performs up here.

If overperforming nets 3-4" here then fine by me 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snywx said:


this winter is/was a disaster. Not the worse I’ve experienced up here but def top 3. 
 

Hopefully tonights event somehow over performs up here.

You are crushing it compared us down here, im sitting at only 9.5" for the season, worst since 2011-2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same ole pattern.. Nothing but digital snow fantasy. I am looking forward to closing the books on this winter, it can't come soon enough for many of us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those who deny that the earth is constantly in a state of flux to achieve balance do so at their peril.  That is the essence of weather and climate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...