The Banter Thread - Page 217 - Forecasting and Discussion - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
33andrain

The Banter Thread

12 hours ago, SnowWolf87 said:

Winter never came this year

Maybe spring will

with rain almost every day with temps in the 40's and 50's makes this February an April...

22 hours ago, SnowWolf87 said:

Winter never came this year

Maybe spring will

We had a few decent chances in late November/early December, but the pattern since then has been terrible.

I am actually starting to look forward to the warmer weather and hopefully plenty of severe weather chances. By mid February I usually start getting tired of winter unless it has been a good winter for cold/snow. I wouldn't mind seeing a few high end storm threats develop though for the rest of February/March regardless of precipitation type.

2 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

I am actually starting to look forward to the warmer weather and hopefully plenty of severe weather chances. By mid February I usually start getting tired of winter unless it has been a good winter for cold/snow. I wouldn't mind seeing a few high end storm threats develop though for the rest of February/March regardless of precipitation type.

I would like to see some freakin sun 

1 minute ago, Oliviajames3 said:

Good luck with that. Welcome to the rainy season.

7 hours ago, Oliviajames3 said:

Good luck with this as cosmic rays are near all time highs, this usually results in more cloud nucleization=cloudy days.

Car wash which I go to said this past year has been horrible for business with many cloudy and rainy days. More of this to come.

Cosmic Rays Solar minimum is underway. The sun's magnetic field is weak, allowing extra cosmic rays into the solar system. Neutron counts from the University of Oulu's Sodankyla Geophysical Observatory show that cosmic rays reaching Earth in 2019 are near a Space Age peak.

Oulu Neutron Counts
Percentages of the Space Age average:
today: +11.4% Very High
7-day change: +1.1%uparrow.png
Max: +11.7% Very High 
(12/2009)
Min: -32.1% Very Low (06/1991)
explanation | more data
Updated 11 Feb 2020 @ 0500 UT

oulu.png

3 minutes ago, amugs said:

Good luck with this as cosmic rays are near all time highs, this usually results in more cloud nucleization=cloudy days.

Car wash which I go to said this past year has been horrible for business with many cloudy and rainy days. More of this to come.

Cosmic Rays Solar minimum is underway. The sun's magnetic field is weak, allowing extra cosmic rays into the solar system. Neutron counts from the University of Oulu's Sodankyla Geophysical Observatory show that cosmic rays reaching Earth in 2019 are near a Space Age peak.

Oulu Neutron Counts
Percentages of the Space Age average:
today: +11.4% Very High
7-day change: +1.1%uparrow.png
Max: +11.7% Very High 
(12/2009)
Min: -32.1% Very Low (06/1991)
explanation | more data
Updated 11 Feb 2020 @ 0500 UT

oulu.png

I own a full service car wash.  February will be a very bad month but January was okay since there was a little salt from the event on the 7th on January followed by a few dry weeks other than a few Saturdays.  Yes car washing is very tough in these rainy cloudy days 

18 hours ago, Oliviajames3 said:

I would like to see some freakin snow

Fixed

Tonight's event just re-exemplifies the problem we've faced all winter: no real cold and no favorable tracks. After perhaps a quick thump of 1-3 by sunrise nearly everyone rains.

1 hour ago, Crossbowftw3 said:

Tonight's event just re-exemplifies the problem we've faced all winter: no real cold and no favorable tracks. After perhaps a quick thump of 1-3 by sunrise nearly everyone rains.

1-3" is a good call for those N of 84. Reminds me of the event this past Monday. No snow until you literally hit 84

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, snywx said:

1-3" is a good call for those N of 84. Reminds me of the event this past Monday. No snow until you literally hit 84

And then, after daytime highs in the 40s the mercury drops to 20 degree daytime highs for Friday/Saturday...only to jump back into the 40s. This winter hasn't given any slack for anyone and I'm growing ever more certain this will be how winter ends outside of one, maybe two, big storms.

25 minutes ago, Crossbowftw3 said:

And then, after daytime highs in the 40s the mercury drops to 20 degree daytime highs for Friday/Saturday...only to jump back into the 40s. This winter hasn't given any slack for anyone and I'm growing ever more certain this will be how winter ends outside of one, maybe two, big storms.

this winter is/was a disaster. Not the worse I’ve experienced up here but def top 3. 

Hopefully tonights event somehow over performs up here.

1 hour ago, snywx said:

this winter is/was a disaster. Not the worse I’ve experienced up here but def top 3. 

If overperforming nets 3-4" here then fine by me 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snywx said:

You are crushing it compared us down here, im sitting at only 9.5" for the season, worst since 2011-2012

Same ole pattern.. Nothing but digital snow fantasy. I am looking forward to closing the books on this winter, it can't come soon enough for many of us.

• Like 1

Those who deny that the earth is constantly in a state of flux to achieve balance do so at their peril.  That is the essence of weather and climate.

• Like 1