Wx Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread - Page 133 - Forecasting and Discussion - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
33andrain

Wx Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread

Many of you know by now but many may not but something horrible has occurred in my personal life.   (I get it, some of you guys are probably like "bro does this guy ever catch a break?").  But the truth is my life has probably not had too much more rough things to occur in it over the past few years than some others here and elsewhere.  I just am more open about it than most probably are.  I spike the ball with a wx forecast win sometimes to the chagrin of some....but I will just as easily wear my heart on my sleeve and talk about the tough times in my life.  Sometimes this has been looked at like me gunning for sympathy and that's not the case.  It has nothing to do with anything in particular really except to vent to my people.  And you guys are my people.  Weather people.  

I know when my checks got Interrupted some time back some people looked at my asking for help as a super bad look.  Obviously these people don't know me or the type of person I am.  I was in a tough place and have almost no family.  And so I had nowhere to turn to but, you guys.  And some of you really helped me out of that jam.  My wife was especially grateful.  I guess where I'm going here is that I didn't have the strength to even type this post until now.  I posted what happened on Facebook and made sure the old friends of those involved would be Informed first.  And I know a lot of you guys here know through my group there and through this small but beautiful little community we have in the world of weather and all that goes with it and those who work with it and follow it.  

You guys have seen my greatest highs like the 13/14 winter forecast (posted originally elsewhere but you get the point) to all kinds of others wins, some my own and some shared group victories.  You've also seen me wear my heart on my sleeve, hurt after losing my father, hurt after losing my home when my checks got Interrupted, getting too sensitive when people trolled a little too hard and ending up not looking so good.  I talk to you guys because I have a very small family and few to turn to just to talk.  For finances it was worse and this is not about that, I honestly don't care about money anymore or where I end up.  I have some obligations to complete with a met whom I'm writing a paper with to present later on and other things of that nature.   But I feel like now that her friends all know it's time I told you guys here.

6/28 was my wife's birthday.  I had no idea and nobody could have that a day and a half later she would be gone.  My beautiful angel of a wife whom I spent 20 years living side by side and married for nearly 15 of those years after being engaged the four years prior to that....has passed away.  Suddenly, without warning, and for reasons still being investigated my the medical examiners office.  

So I obviously won't be posting about weather or anything else and figured some of you might be curious as to why.  I have 2 days left booked in a motel that I'm at and don't even know where I'm going from here.  We were staying in a motel because I was looking at houses and we just got the pre-qualification and pre-approval from the bank in coordination with the VA to buy our first home.   Now I have no wife and no reason to care.  I wanted the house to share with her and watch her enjoy it.  And without that my stepdaughter is the reason I will go forward with the buy.  I'll get a house and she can have it someday.  Hopefully she enjoys it.  As for me.  Some of you will remember when I was in a similar situation.  You know when my checks got stopped.  I asked for help then.  Financial help.  Now I realize how little money really means.  I need it since I had to pay for everything (the funeral home bill, this room etc). And now that I am about to run out of it until the first I'm oddly at peace.  I don't even care.  I want to make it clear I'm not asking for monetary help.  Because I only asked for it that other time for my wife.  My stepdaughter is living with relatives and safe and in her 20s.

I guess I'm only even bringing up the financial part of my situation to let you guys know and to remember and to be reminded of something.....when you lose your soulmate so young out of nowhere, being broke means nothing.   All the money on Earth won't bring Sherri back and that's my point.   Please when you guys worry about bills and worry about payments etc.  Remember this, I have about $20 until the first and I don't care at all because money means nothing without someone to share it with or when your too devastated to enjoy what it can get you or to even care to not have what it can get you that you need.   

Take this time to forget politics and money and sports and remember the people you love.  I said I love you to my wife Everytime I walked out the door or hung up the phone.  But it still doesn't feel like it was enough.  And now here I am.  

Thank you for reading this and for your thoughts and prayers and all the support I've gotten in the form of thoughtful messages and texts that come from people here that found out about this already.  And elsewhere.   Thank you for letting me vent this pain with you.  I have no siblings and my wife had no siblings either.  And her parents are deceased.  I have just my mother down in Florida and my stepdaughter whom is asleep in the other bed in the motel room, we have comforted each other and without her I would have ended my life over this.   But I won't do that because that would be selfish, I can't do that to her or my mother.  Or others that care for me.  I am rambling now so I'm going to go.  But I'll check in when possible.  Thanks again guys.  

John 

(The pictures are Sherri above and she's  on the left on the bottom, sorry it's blurry but it's a digital of the actual picture from a whole ago)

Screenshot_20180920-124739.png

23 hours ago, JM. said:

Many of you know by now but many may not but something horrible has occurred in my personal life.   (I get it, some of you guys are probably like "bro does this guy ever catch a break?").  But the truth is my life has probably not had too much more rough things to occur in it over the past few years than some others here and elsewhere.  I just am more open about it than most probably are.  I spike the ball with a wx forecast win sometimes to the chagrin of some....but I will just as easily wear my heart on my sleeve and talk about the tough times in my life.  Sometimes this has been looked at like me gunning for sympathy and that's not the case.  It has nothing to do with anything in particular really except to vent to my people.  And you guys are my people.  Weather people.  

I know when my checks got Interrupted some time back some people looked at my asking for help as a super bad look.  Obviously these people don't know me or the type of person I am.  I was in a tough place and have almost no family.  And so I had nowhere to turn to but, you guys.  And some of you really helped me out of that jam.  My wife was especially grateful.  I guess where I'm going here is that I didn't have the strength to even type this post until now.  I posted what happened on Facebook and made sure the old friends of those involved would be Informed first.  And I know a lot of you guys here know through my group there and through this small but beautiful little community we have in the world of weather and all that goes with it and those who work with it and follow it.  

You guys have seen my greatest highs like the 13/14 winter forecast (posted originally elsewhere but you get the point) to all kinds of others wins, some my own and some shared group victories.  You've also seen me wear my heart on my sleeve, hurt after losing my father, hurt after losing my home when my checks got Interrupted, getting too sensitive when people trolled a little too hard and ending up not looking so good.  I talk to you guys because I have a very small family and few to turn to just to talk.  For finances it was worse and this is not about that, I honestly don't care about money anymore or where I end up.  I have some obligations to complete with a met whom I'm writing a paper with to present later on and other things of that nature.   But I feel like now that her friends all know it's time I told you guys here.

6/28 was my wife's birthday.  I had no idea and nobody could have that a day and a half later she would be gone.  My beautiful angel of a wife whom I spent 20 years living side by side and married for nearly 15 of those years after being engaged the four years prior to that....has passed away.  Suddenly, without warning, and for reasons still being investigated my the medical examiners office.  

So I obviously won't be posting about weather or anything else and figured some of you might be curious as to why.  I have 2 days left booked in a motel that I'm at and don't even know where I'm going from here.  We were staying in a motel because I was looking at houses and we just got the pre-qualification and pre-approval from the bank in coordination with the VA to buy our first home.   Now I have no wife and no reason to care.  I wanted the house to share with her and watch her enjoy it.  And without that my stepdaughter is the reason I will go forward with the buy.  I'll get a house and she can have it someday.  Hopefully she enjoys it.  As for me.  Some of you will remember when I was in a similar situation.  You know when my checks got stopped.  I asked for help then.  Financial help.  Now I realize how little money really means.  I need it since I had to pay for everything (the funeral home bill, this room etc). And now that I am about to run out of it until the first I'm oddly at peace.  I don't even care.  I want to make it clear I'm not asking for monetary help.  Because I only asked for it that other time for my wife.  My stepdaughter is living with relatives and safe and in her 20s.

I guess I'm only even bringing up the financial part of my situation to let you guys know and to remember and to be reminded of something.....when you lose your soulmate so young out of nowhere, being broke means nothing.   All the money on Earth won't bring Sherri back and that's my point.   Please when you guys worry about bills and worry about payments etc.  Remember this, I have about $20 until the first and I don't care at all because money means nothing without someone to share it with or when your too devastated to enjoy what it can get you or to even care to not have what it can get you that you need.   

Take this time to forget politics and money and sports and remember the people you love.  I said I love you to my wife Everytime I walked out the door or hung up the phone.  But it still doesn't feel like it was enough.  And now here I am.  

Thank you for reading this and for your thoughts and prayers and all the support I've gotten in the form of thoughtful messages and texts that come from people here that found out about this already.  And elsewhere.   Thank you for letting me vent this pain with you.  I have no siblings and my wife had no siblings either.  And her parents are deceased.  I have just my mother down in Florida and my stepdaughter whom is asleep in the other bed in the motel room, we have comforted each other and without her I would have ended my life over this.   But I won't do that because that would be selfish, I can't do that to her or my mother.  Or others that care for me.  I am rambling now so I'm going to go.  But I'll check in when possible.  Thanks again guys.  

John 

(The pictures are Sherri above and she's  on the left on the bottom, sorry it's blurry but it's a digital of the actual picture from a whole ago)

I am deeply sorry for your loss. 

On 7/18/2019 at 11:21 PM, Event Horizon said:

I am deeply sorry for your loss. 

Thank you, I'm still in shock that this happened. 

So what’s the deal with the upcoming winter? Any early ideas? Hopefully better than last years horror show for NYC.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 11:35 PM, JM. said:

John 

Jesus man, I just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss. I recently had lost a loved one (my little brother) last November to a drug addiction that he couldn’t stop. Losing someone so close to you is definitely one of, if not, the hardest thing someone goes thru. Especially when the loss isn’t expected and you had plan to be with that person until the end. I can’t even imagine the pain that you’re going thru. Again, I’m so sorry John. Try and stay strong for your step daughter, mom, and yourself. And btw, you’re definitely one of the best forecasters I’ve ever come across. Up there with Tom. Send a message if you need someone to talk to.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 3:06 PM, SmithsNYI said:

So what’s the deal with the upcoming winter? Any early ideas? Hopefully better than last years horror show for NYC.

I don't even begin looking at analogs or anything until the middle of September.

Wavelengths and effects of teleconnections on the atmosphere are so different this time of year, there really is no point.

BTW, IMO, last year, while definitely not "good", was certainly not a "horror show".

A "horror show" is 2001-02 or 2011-12.  Just to offer some perspective.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:31 PM, MJOP8 said:

Jesus man, I just saw this. I am so sorry for your loss. I recently had lost a loved one (my little brother) last November to a drug addiction that he couldn’t stop. Losing someone so close to you is definitely one of, if not, the hardest thing someone goes thru. Especially when the loss isn’t expected and you had plan to be with that person until the end. I can’t even imagine the pain that you’re going thru. Again, I’m so sorry John. Try and stay strong for your step daughter, mom, and yourself. And btw, you’re definitely one of the best forecasters I’ve ever come across. Up there with Tom. Send a message if you need someone to talk to.

@MJOP8

Thank you so much for the kind words.  I just started grief counseling yesterday.  I'm told some days will be fine and others a disaster at this stage and that's basically true except that none are fine and most are rough and many are a disaster.  I rarely was more than 30 feet from her outside of like when I was at the store or something but even then we went together usually, we even went to each other's Doctor appointments together...everything, only when I was in the field while in the Army or during when I was in Iraq were we apart and even then we spoke or messaged as often as possible.  I'm lost without her and still in shock.  I remember how she always said not to be sad if anything happened to her and that she'd wait for me so she could hold my hand and we could walk into heaven together.   Man, I miss her.   I'm trying to honor her by diving back into met work but I don't want to force it.  Sometimes it comes.  Sometimes I just can't.   Thank you so much once again.  

And guys don't feel bad or awkward at all about just going right back to weather stuff after this post.  Sherri would never want to have her passing be a "downer" for anyone.  

On 7/17/2019 at 11:35 PM, JM. said:

John 

Wow I’m so sorry for your loss man. She was beautiful. May she Rest easy 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

So sorry @JM.

Thanks, I still can't believe it.