Wx Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread - Page 136 - Forecasting and Discussion - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
33andrain

Wx Rant N' Rave (Banter) Thread

Doesn't it seem a little bit like this winter may shape up to be like next winter? Guidance in the future shows storms cutting in the Midwest with cold after the storm. Won't help much in the way of snow

1 hour ago, Anthony Gnafakis said:

Doesn't it seem a little bit like this winter may shape up to be like next winter? Guidance in the future shows storms cutting in the Midwest with cold after the storm. Won't help much in the way of snow

:facepalm: This winter may shape up to be like "next winter"?? this winter hasn't even happened yet let alone next winter lol.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Anthony Gnafakis said:

Yeah sure does! Nice cutter affecting New England today! :facepalm:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

Yeah sure does! Nice cutter affecting New England today! :facepalm:

At this point I would be more worried about storms staying to far east instead of cutting lol. (sarcasm)

The snow is still out west and the cold shots are transient. I’m not at all excited for this winter 

I did a small assignment on Carl-Gustaf Rossby. I was inspired by his findings on the Rossby equation. It's sad about how he died though. His death was due to overwork. He was a very busy man. Even through his mid-50s. 

An observation: The winter discussion thread started off good, but has a ton of posts that probably should be in the "Autumn Observations and Discussion" thread. Posting maps for day 10 to 15 on there by itself without anything else doesn't really advance the discussion on there. Obviously the "Teleconnections" thread has most of the advanced discussion , but i think we can all do a better job 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1