Northeast U.S. Archived Snowstorm Maps - Weather Spotlight - 33andrain Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
burgwx

Northeast U.S. Archived Snowstorm Maps

Thanks! I'm glad to share these - I want this data to be easily accessible, and this is a good place to share it for input & additional storms to add. I'm currently working on a couple other big events (Presidents Day 2003, 1/27/2011, Boston's 2015 blizzards), but I don't remember *every* major snow event that's worthy of addition.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Superstorm93 said:

Not sure if you're aware of "Ray's Winter Storm Archive", but it's still an amazing site that I use quite often to try and pick out analogs for significant storms over the past decade or so. 

http://raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/1996/Weather.html 

That's one of my favorite go-to sites for such archives - definitely a great resource for all sorts of synoptic maps and radar images of various storms. The only issue is as I've noticed since moving to Albany is that it doesn't list storms that didn't affect NJ, which initially drove me to start my own archive to pick out analogs for Albany storms before I expanded it to all Northeast storms. For instance the 1/4/2003 storm (which produced widespread 12-24"+ amounts in the interior Northeast) isn't on his list and is one of my candidates for a case study.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dmillz25 said:

Do you have Jan 26-27 2011 @burgwx?

Done! Near classic I-95 snow axis, minus DC where I only found amounts in the 3-4" range. There were a couple of isolated 20-23" reports in NJ & western Long Island, with a 23.3" report in Westfield, NJ.

20110126.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, burgwx said:

Done! Near classic I-95 snow axis, minus DC where I only found amounts in the 3-4" range. There were a couple of isolated 20-23" reports in NJ & western Long Island, with a 23.3" report in Westfield, NJ.

20110126.png

Thank you for this. This was my favorite storm of all time for me. Got 21” here in Brooklyn 

• Like 3