January 12-13, 2018 -- Mid-Atlantic Snowstorm - Page 10 - Archived Storm Threads - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
Dsnowx53

January 12-13, 2018 -- Mid-Atlantic Snowstorm

1 minute ago, Kevin49068487 said:

Are these snow maps based on 10:1 or higher? At one point I know there was talk of 15:1.

Most of the maps are 10:1. Ratios will probably be from 12:1 to 14:1 in the DC area so a bit more snow than shown

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin49068487 said:

Are these snow maps based on 10:1 or higher? At one point I know there was talk of 15:1.

At least for DC, I’m expecting an average of 12:1 for the storm.  

Follow-up question. Ratios are based on temp & humidity, correct? So if my temp & hum similar, I could still see an over-performance of the NWS maps?

2 minutes ago, Nj2va said:

18z Euro ups the ante and brings the 0.75” line to PWC along 95.  All of NOVA/DC in 0.5”.  Great trends today.

9643E595-F526-4710-9BE4-633C4C2D6D33.png

• Like 4

The models are all over the place with the mix line in Richmond. They seem to be trending colder with more snow. I'm hoping the heavy rates and strong undermodeled CAD keep the mix line well south which is what happened with the 12/9 storm. 

• Like 3

Local Wxsim model for NW Chester County PA has flurries late PM tomorrow with Light snow by 9pm with 1" of snow by 3am and another 1.3" before ending at 9am for a total of 2.3" - more toward Southern Chester County and South Jersey.

Currently Clear 25.1 with a DP of 9.8 degrees

• Like 3

Just now, Caminhoneiro443 said:

18z EPS???

Ensembles aren’t useful at this range.  

I know they aren’t but would still be nice to see them more for probabilities than anything else really. Last time they had 96% over 3 inches, would like to see what that’s saying now

4 minutes ago, Caminhoneiro443 said:

I know they aren’t but would still be nice to see them more for probabilities than anything else really. Last time they had 96% over 3 inches, would like to see what that’s saying now

For you and I, it matches the OP to a T.  

• Like 3

It's so frustrating just looking at the Nam and seeing the confluence squash this storm.

Good luck Mid Atlantic weenies 😃

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

It's so frustrating just looking at the Nam and seeing the confluence squash this storm.

Good luck Mid Atlantic weenies 😃

Yeah this is a less painful version of 2/5/10

i got 3” of dust in Long Beach with that, 1” at my current house in wantagh 8 miles north east. Crazy crazy cut off. 

I have a feeling we do not see a flake city north and east

• Like 1