January 12-13, 2018 -- Mid-Atlantic Snowstorm - Page 31 - Archived Storm Threads - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
Dsnowx53

January 12-13, 2018 -- Mid-Atlantic Snowstorm

Ratios are currently 10:1-12:1 in the DC region. DGZ temperatures are increasing due to the transfer of energy to the coastal low. As that low takes over, expect DBZ temperatures to decrease and ratios to increase to maybe 15:1

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 1.21.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 1.25.15 AM.png

• Like 1

A little hope for those N of 195 - the 1" line goes from about Allentown to southern Staten Island, right through my house, lol...

PA_000-072_0000.gif

1 hour ago, ru848789 said:

A little hope for those N of 195 - the 1" line goes from about Allentown to southern Staten Island, right through my house, lol...

PA_000-072_0000.gif

The proverbial brick wall with this event is just south and west of Allentown.  Snow has not made it further east than about exit 40 on I78 north of Kutztown PA.

Update- I just checked again and I am now seeing some flurries outside.  In any case amounts just to the west of Allentown look to be little more than a coating so far.

Solid area of snow will be inside the beltway in the next 20 minutes. Already at 4.6 inches

1110647431_ScreenShot2019-01-13at4_53_43AM.png.4341ecfba5eb127ba0ce30497ad111b1.png

8 minutes ago, Gian_Tancredo said:

If I had to guess around 5 inches in nw dc and coming down at a good clip! Most snow I’ve woken up to since Jan 2016

image.jpg

Awesome. Congrats. The pictures have been amazing 

• Like 1

Grass is fully covered and basically no real temp/DP changes from last night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ru848789 said:

Hey @Allsnow- have you clicked on the NWS point-and-click maps for us.  It's a tiny thing in the grand scheme of things, but still painful to click on the intersection of Route 1 and Old Post Rd. in Edison and see "snow accumulation of 1/2" or less" both overnight and tomorrow and then to click on my house in Metuchen, <2 miles N of there and see "little or no snow accumulation" for those time periods.  

No haven’t...just wanted to see some flakes to be honest. Light snow currently but I doubt we see much accumulation 

• Like 1

Woke up to my 4 yr old calling for me. I went in to his room and he said daddy its snowing outside. Hes got the snow bug also

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Caminhoneiro443 said:

Radar shows very light snow but it's looking moderate to heavy right now

Looks like it's backbuilding to the west as well. Radar is loaded

• Like 1