• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

33 and   nevermind

Deep winter. Beautiful morning at 7°    

Posted Images

3 hours ago, ru848789 said:

Latest HRRR has a bit more snow for 95.  Has me at 1.8" in the Edison area with surface temps flipping from 37F and rain on the simulated radar at 7 pm, to 33F and snow on the simulated radar at 8 pm, with snow continuing until 11 pm, when the surface temp hits 32F. And by midnight the surface is down to 30F and dropping quickly (28F by 1 am), so flash freeze of any slush is a real risk. Will be interesting to see how accurate this is.  

Interestingly, the new NWS-Philly map decreased amounts south of 195/276 again, to <1", yet still kept advisories (for 2" or more) for some reason, with their latest update.  Also, they have me at 1.3", so not that big of a difference from the HRRR. On the other hand the NWS-NYC increased amounts for NYC/NENJ to 1-2" in general.  It's never easy, lol.  

If I get 1" or more of slush, I'll be shoveling it at midnight, so it's not a frozen mess in the morning, when it'll be 20F - and it won't get above about 30F again until Sunday, so whatever you have on the ground will be there for a few days.  On phone and don't know how to paste graphics on phone...

HRRR bang on so far.  Was 39F at 6 pm, then 37F at 7 pm and just down to 34F at 8 pm, with snow mixing in as of 8 pm.  Question now is how much QPF is left and how much snow melts - I think we'll likely get 0.2" QPF, but maybe only an inch or so of accumulation.  Will find out soon.  

14 minutes ago, ru848789 said:

HRRR bang on so far.  Was 39F at 6 pm, then 37F at 7 pm and just down to 34F at 8 pm, with snow mixing in as of 8 pm.  Question now is how much QPF is left and how much snow melts - I think we'll likely get 0.2" QPF, but maybe only an inch or so of accumulation.  Will find out soon.  

are you even looking at the radar....stop clinging to the HRRR..we are not getting an inch

1 minute ago, winterwarlock said:

are you even looking at the radar....stop clinging to the HRRR..we are not getting an inch

Radar is not static.  Right now it's a little weak, but it could fill in.  That's why we watch.  

29 minutes ago, Pajamas said:

Wow man nice. The difference a few miles made around us. You with 4, me with roughly 2-3, and say, Hatfield with 0. Incredible.

Yeah once you get up to ridge road numbers go up. Elevation helped with this one.

• 33andrain changed the title to January 29-30, 2018 -- Snow Event & Squall Line
  • 33andrain unpinned this topic
  • 33andrain unfeatured this topic