February 20-21, 2019 -- Potential Overrunning Thump/Ice

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

00z HRRR coming in rather impressive     

A lot of great analysis in this post, very much appreciated!

Quick note on this system... Recall this area of frozen precipitation will be occurring as it collides with a 500mb ridge (this is not unimportant). The anti-cyclone aloft provides flow out of the wes

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, ru848789 said:

I'll admit I'm dumbfounded.  Models mostly show snow increases and mt holly decreases snowfall forecasts across the board.  What am I missing?

I am a bit confused myself, they went the complete opposite way the models did. I would suspect if the models at least hold then Mt.Holly will probably bump totals back up by tomorrow morning.

Just now, Rtd208 said:

I am a bit confused myself, they went the complete opposite way the models did. I would suspect if the models at least hold then Mt.Holly will probably bump totals back up by tomorrow morning.

I think they are thinking mid-levels will warm quicker than models depicting

I do think the new NAM could be correct in regards to totals in NNJ if there wasn’t that dry air in place. That would cut off probably around 1-2hrs if possible accumulations. But when it comes down, it’ll come down hard.

3 minutes ago, ThunderSnow4 said:

Current radar seems further north than most modeling at this CURRENT hour. Can anyone confirm or care to comment further? 

Radar hallucinations have begun. I have seen multiple people on other sites post that the radar looks further south than current modeling and now this post haha.

5 minutes ago, WxWCMM said:

Radar hallucinations have begun. I have seen multiple people on other sites post that the radar looks further south than current modeling and now this post haha.

Was a simple observation of my untrained eye. But welcome to 33! A great first post by you! 

7 minutes ago, WxWCMM said:

Every "radar something or other" post is not necessarily a "hallucination".

There are times where the radar DOES look different than modeling, because models are not always correct.

However, it has become a tool for weenies, especially when a storm is going out to sea.

7 minutes ago, ThunderSnow4 said:

Was a simple observation of my untrained eye. But welcome to 33! A great first post by you! 

No worries, thanks for being a good sport about it.

• 33andrain changed the title to February 20-21, 2019 -- Potential Overrunning Thump/Ice
  • 33andrain unpinned this topic