Friday (3/1) & Saturday (3/2) -- SN- & Sneaky Coastal - Page 53 - Historical Threads - 33andrain Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Yaakov

Friday (3/1) & Saturday (3/2) -- SN- & Sneaky Coastal

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

6.5” here in Syosset 

Nice winner winner!

makes sense that you were far enough north for mostly snow and slightly better ratios. Your right about the same latitude I am here 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MJOP8 said:

Driscoll bridge was a good call lol. Classic cutoff line with this storm.

 

that stupid bridge needs to be 20 miles farther south.

 

factoids: the Driscoll bridge is the widest bridge in the world. 

It was named after former NJ governor Driscoll Bridge.   err, i mean former governor Elfred E. Driscoll.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, samsara2 said:

Worth noting that on RGEM's 24 hour output coastal Nova Scotia's projected totals have risen from 6" 12 hours ago to 24" for the event now winding down in NYC! That is a huge shift for such close range and maybe holds some promise for our results on Sunday.

 

snku_024h.conus.png

 

snku_024h.conus.png

Let me guess...due to the SSTs?

 

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

Photo from this morning:

 

Larchmont03022019.jpg

Great photo. Very lucky you re-found 33andrain this Winter. We hope you will stick with us on the perpetual journey going forward. :) 

 

1 hour ago, FlemingtonPhil said:

Always, boardmaster. 

tumblr_natpg24qmM1tsgoixo5_250.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, green tube said:

 

that stupid bridge needs to be 20 miles farther south.

 

factoids: the Driscoll bridge is the widest bridge in the world. 

It was named after former NJ governor Driscoll Bridge.   err, i mean former governor Elfred E. Driscoll.

Ohhhhhh. Is this the bridge on the parkway right after the 95 entrance where it feels like you’re going up a roller coaster? I know it! Drive it all the time duh. 😂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, green tube said:

 

that stupid bridge needs to be 20 miles farther south.

 

factoids: the Driscoll bridge is the widest bridge in the world. 

It was named after former NJ governor Driscoll Bridge.   err, i mean former governor Elfred E. Driscoll.

 

 

The driscoll bridge cut-off was infamous in the old historical days of the 80s and 90s. We haven't had many of those types of cut-offs since 2000.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

Ohhhhhh. Is this the bridge on the parkway right after the 95 entrance where it feels like you’re going up a roller coaster? I know it! Drive it all the time duh. 😂

 

That’s the one.  Those of us poor folk who consider going “down the shore” to be a vacation just call it “the big bridge.”

 

example: “Yo Vin, when will you be at Spicy’s?”

 

”Oh yo Antney, just crossing the big bridge. See yous guys in an hour.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Isotherm said:

 

 

The driscoll bridge cut-off was infamous in the old historical days of the 80s and 90s. We haven't had many of those types of cut-offs since 2000.

 

this so true.  more specifically, if you grew up in central NJ in the 70s, 80s, early 90s you would think that every snowfall turns to rain. as if that was the default standard... snow turns to rain.  and any occasion in which it didn't turn to rain was quite notable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

Let me guess...due to the SSTs?

 

Great photo. Very lucky you re-found 33andrain this Winter. We hope you will stick with us on the perpetual journey going forward. :) 

 

tumblr_natpg24qmM1tsgoixo5_250.gif

Thanks for the very kind words.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

Ohhhhhh. Is this the bridge on the parkway right after the 95 entrance where it feels like you’re going up a roller coaster? I know it! Drive it all the time duh. 😂

 

Yes!  I finally found something that I'm North and West of...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

Does anyone have the nws snowfall totals for central nj

I don't know what's up with Mount Holly, but they don't seem to be reporting snow totals for several counties the last couple storms. I've noticed both offices have been erratic and incomplete with snowfall reporting this year. It's frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FlemingtonPhil said:

I don't know what's up with Mount Holly, but they don't seem to be reporting snow totals for several counties the last couple storms. I've noticed both offices have been erratic and incomplete with snowfall reporting this year. It's frustrating. 

 

Did you check here?

https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/getprod.php?afos=xxxpnsphi&wfo=phi&font=120&new=1&version=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Exactly. Rather than updating one list, I've got to toggle between previous versions to find reports. All day they've only got one report from mercer county? Why not keep that on each edition so someone doesn't have to look through various pages to find it? Minor annoyance. I can already hear @33andrain warming up a "shaddup" post

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FlemingtonPhil said:

Exactly. Rather than updating one list, I've got to toggle between previous versions to find reports. All day they've only got one report from mercer county? Why not keep that on each edition so someone doesn't have to look through various pages to find it? Minor annoyance. I can already hear @33andrain warming up a "shaddup" post

Well...well...well. What do we have here? Is that a sense of humor I detect, Phil? 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FlemingtonPhil said:

Exactly. Rather than updating one list, I've got to toggle between previous versions to find reports. All day they've only got one report from mercer county? Why not keep that on each edition so someone doesn't have to look through various pages to find it? Minor annoyance. I can already hear @33andrain warming up a "shaddup" post

 

Didn't they mostly get rain/sleet down there?

 

Sometimes there's a lack of spotter reports. Union county never has more than 3 or 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 33andrain said:

Ohhhhhh. Is this the bridge on the parkway right after the 95 entrance where it feels like you’re going up a roller coaster? I know it! Drive it all the time duh. 😂

 

That's why I'm surprised you didn't know where it was.

It's like 20 minutes from you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...