Sunday (3/3 into Monday (3/4) -- Back to Back Snow? - Page 129 - Historical Threads - 33andrain Jump to content
33andrain

Sunday (3/3 into Monday (3/4) -- Back to Back Snow?

1 minute ago, WeatherJeff1019 said:

Nahh really don’t most of everything melted until 8pm or so and I can currently see my sidewalk.  Has stuck a little on the street  and very light coating on my cars.

Really not sure why you're posting this stuff and don't much want to entertain it. Union has about 3" at this point like everyone else in our area and you will also end up with 8-9". Enjoy it if you can. :) 

Snow definitely picking up now.

• Like 1

Just now, ru848789 said:

Always amazes me how in many coastal storms, where NW NJ is supposed to be much further from the moisture source, they end up getting off to a much better start than we do here.  Is it all just elevation?  Maybe not losing 0.1" LE to melting?

A combination of that and mild upsloping on this side of the ridge line. There’s a reason I moved to a ski resort town lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Isotherm said:

@JERSEYSNOWROB, yes, heavy sleet here. 32F.

Frustrating. Actually looks like flakes are starting to mix back in now. Hoping we switch back at some point.

• Like 2

Just now, MJOP8 said:

Snow definitely picking up now.

35-40 dbz on the doorstep!

inxr1Kphla_h.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JERSEYSNOWROB said:

Frustrating. Actually looks like flakes are starting to mix back in now. Hoping we switch back at some point.

Getting washed out now..you will probably flip back for a bit 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

Really not sure why you're posting this stuff and don't much want to entertain it. Union has about 3" at this point like everyone else in our area and you will also end up with 8-9". Enjoy it if you can. :) 

I'm in Union Twp for this one and we definitely have more than half an inch. Somewhere around 2-3" eyeballing, however I'm beginning to hear pings.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, nesussxwx said:

I'm in Union Twp for this one and we definitely have more than half an inch. Somewhere around 2-3" eyeballing, however I'm beginning to hear pings.

Appreciate the more accurate report, but not a chance there are pingers up this way. In fact, the mix line appears to be stalling a bit in the last couple of frames.

• Like 1

Mix line dropped back south a bit.

• Like 2

Mix line into Brooklyn on CC. 

Getting some subsidence here from the heavier stuff down south

• Like 1

Best part of March snows is watching the big flakes add up 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

A combination of that and mild upsloping on this side of the ridge line. There’s a reason I moved to a ski resort town lol

Thats always the case up here in the interior. So many factors go into how we get our snow. Temps/elevation/ratios/mild upslope off the ridge ( shawangunk) to our west. There is always that rogue band that sets up and parks itself outside the main show. 

• Like 1

Once the mis line stops advancing, it will just push east. It won't resume its push north. We may be seeing the most north it gets right now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Puking snow 

❤️ you deserve this one pal

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

Appreciate the more accurate report, but not a chance there are pingers up this way. In fact, the mix line appears to be stalling a bit in the last couple of frames.

Back to all snow, probably a sneaky layer I'm guessing. It's absolutely PUKING now, huge flakes.

• Like 1