Sunday (3/3 into Monday (3/4) -- Back to Back Snow? - Page 76 - Historical Threads - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
33andrain

Sunday (3/3 into Monday (3/4) -- Back to Back Snow?

Recommended Posts

A poster yesterday mentioned that Friday/Saturday storm could act as a block for this storm.  I'm assuming that has not come to fruition.  Any updates on this possibility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Qtown Snow said:

RAD_MOS_NAT_8KM_L2WINTER_ANI (2).gif

sat_fdgoese_wvenh (7).gif

 

Meow! It sure is racing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just cannot believe how fast this storm is moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Analog96 said:

Just cannot believe how fast this storm is moving.

if only some blocking

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s great also is, after this storm we’re going to experience some record challenging cold. Snow will have some staying power. Granted not like Jan/Feb staying power but staying power nonetheless. Will look and feel like winter through out the entire week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The timing could be perfect for a rare NYC School closure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sferic said:

The timing could be perfect for a rare NYC School closure

I think the speed of this makes the timing less favorable. I think it’s on the table...but it’s entirely within the realm of possibility that whatever accumulates has done so by 2-3am and that’s it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sferic said:

The timing could be perfect for a rare NYC School closure

Let's see if if mayor D gives the DOE a break.  He is fair for the the most part.  MUCH better than his predecessors. At least Farina isn't here to give that Macy's is open line again!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sferic said:

The timing could be perfect for a rare NYC School closure

My guess is that the City’s schools could stay open unless the RGEM’s high snowfall scenario prevails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MattyICE said:

I think the speed of this makes the timing less favorable. I think it’s on the table...but it’s entirely within the realm of possibility that whatever accumulates has done so by 2-3am and that’s it. 

Decision needs to be made by 6 the latest and many are made earlier than that. I give it a 30/70 chance 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wxmd529 said:

Decision needs to be made by 6 the latest and many are made earlier than that. I give it a 30/70 chance 

I think that’s fair. I teach in South Orange and live in Clifton nj. I think widespread closures across most of the northern half of the state, despite the early precipitation cut off. Historically much more likely to close than in the city. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Event Horizon said:

 

Trailing back to yesterday's 12Z run. That's good. 

Shocked at the NW ticks now going on. ;) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...