Eastern US March 2019 Forecast Discussion and Observations - Page 44 - Forecasting and Discussion - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
33andrain

Eastern US March 2019 Forecast Discussion and Observations

10 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Canceling winter doesn't mean warm temps. Why do people want hot temps this early ?

March 2012's heatwave was nice but miserable

Storm creeping up on Guidances today. Looking to get pretty interesting. I find it wild how Icon had this 4 days ago...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aj Fasano said:

Storm creeping up on Guidances today. Looking to get pretty interesting. I find it wild how Icon had this 4 days ago...

but every model has gotten warmer. this is all rain

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heavy snow said:

but every model has gotten warmer. this is all rain

Never said it would be snow i said its interesting. Big storm

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aj Fasano said:

Never said it would be snow i said its interesting. Big storm

Where Maine might be the spot to be for big snow 

3 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

Why do people want hot temps this early ?

6E7035A5-891D-4ED9-85FF-ADC2AC013565.jpeg

• Like 1

Ref late week: Development is probably a bit late for us at least snow wise but there should be at least some impacts. We are still roughly 3/3.5 days away so alot can still change. I wouldn't aim to high snow wise with this but a nice coastal with at least some kind of impacts would be nice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MesoBanding said:

On and off snow showers again today. Sometimes blitzing with huge flakes. 

72FCFF2B-6117-4A00-863A-18FA28F342F4.jpeg

Beautiful wow

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MesoBanding said:

On and off snow showers again today. Sometimes blitzing with huge flakes. 

72FCFF2B-6117-4A00-863A-18FA28F342F4.jpeg

Gorgeous, cannot wait until I permanently move upstate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MesoBanding said:

I’m so going to use propinquity on a work call today. 

...after I look it up and practice.  

4 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

I agree regarding the operational European Model's being a cold outlier. I believe there was only a single EPS member that showed a similar solution at 0z.

P.S. I had thought former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger would be the last person to use "propinquity." The word lives on. ;)

Oddly enough, the term "propinquity" enjoys a new lease on life in the world of manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients.  It's used to describe how far away a chemical precursor ("starting material") is from the active ingredient in a step-wise chemical synthesis, as that "propinquity" is a key risk factor in whether or not regulatory authorities (like the FDA) will accept whether that "starting material" (the point at which Good Manufacturing Practices should start in that synthesis) is acceptable from a risk-to-patients perspective.  Henry K and Isotherm aren't the only ones capable of exposing people to an obscure word, lol.    

http://www.triphasepharmasolutions.com/Regulatory_API_Starting_Materials.pdf

• Like 3

Another Day 10 snowstorm on the Euro from the mid-Atlantic through the Northeast.  Last chance?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ru848789 said:

Another Day 10 snowstorm on the Euro from the mid-Atlantic through the Northeast.  Last chance?

I'd wager that our final player of winter 2018-19 is on the field with that. 

What's scary about Thursday/Friday is that the general public who live in New England likely have little idea that a potential blizzard is in the making.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ru848789 said:

Oddly enough, the term "propinquity" enjoys a new lease on life in the world of manufacturing of active pharmaceutical ingredients.  It's used to describe how far away a chemical precursor ("starting material") is from the active ingredient in a step-wise chemical synthesis, as that "propinquity" is a key risk factor in whether or not regulatory authorities (like the FDA) will accept whether that "starting material" (the point at which Good Manufacturing Practices should start in that synthesis) is acceptable from a risk-to-patients perspective.  Henry K and Isotherm aren't the only ones capable of exposing people to an obscure word, lol.    

Interesting.  I work in Life Sciences so this makes this word continue to jump to the top of my big boy word list via @Isotherm

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, ru848789 said:

Great information. Maybe, over time, the word will lose its obscurity.

• Like 1