Eastern US March 2019 Forecast Discussion and Observations - Page 66 - Historical Threads - 33andrain Jump to content
33andrain

Eastern US March 2019 Forecast Discussion and Observations

15 hours ago, Jakkel138 said:

DT says a negative NAO can't happen when the QBO is positive.

Then how does he explain what happened last Thanksgiving lol.

• Like 1

Have had some on and off light rain falling here over the last couple of hours.

Current temp 42

Nice deformation band off the NJ coast. I would of liked this storm even if I rained. Me thinks we see some nice winds in the AM

Models did a terrible job up here once again in Boston. Snow was likely after some rain and nothing

10 hours ago, Weathergeek said:

Then how does he explain what happened last Thanksgiving lol.

QBO was -ve/neutral then. Not that I agree w/ his statement though

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I went to college right outside Baltimore and the springs there were incredible. Lots and lots of sunny and low 70s in April. I would go home for a weekend leaving fully leafed out trees to stick season on Long Island. They also do well with severe weather, some of the best thunderstorms I have wintnessed were in the 4 years I lived down there. I happened to catch the biggest single snow event I have every witnessed there as well, 33” during PD2. 

Overall I find the weather more interesting on Long Island with a higher frequency of larger coastals. MD misses the goods allot in Miller Bs. A classic example was Jan 01 with flurries in MD and 20” at home.

I can also vouch for this. The thunder is louder. The lightning is brighter. There's more widespread hail events. And even occasional weak tornadoes. Nothing like that up here, especially from the city-east. Where I am in NJ...we see some good severe weather from time to time. 

• Like 1

Lilacs are starting to bud... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 33andrain said:

I can also vouch for this. The thunder is louder. The lightning is brighter. There's more widespread hail events. And even occasional weak tornadoes. Nothing like that up here, especially from the city-east. Where I am in NJ...we see some good severe weather from time to time. 

I lived on the Eastern Shore for a year, and while a lot of what you say is true, I'd rather have snow.

So I am happier here in NJ.

4 hours ago, 33andrain said:

Sometimes, though, if conditions are just right LHV/NYC/NJ get those ridiculous high end events. Last year's derecho was absolutely nasty. Should have been a high risk day, not often you just see 60% unhatched areas for any parameter. 60% tornadoes has been seen only one time. (April 7, 2006, Gallatin TN F3.)