Jump to content
33andrain

Eastern US Summer 2019 Observations and Discussions

Recommended Posts

What's up with our radars? I'm being told that just about all of them are down, what's up with that? Does anyone know?

WX/PT

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

What's up with our radars? I'm being told that just about all of them are down, what's up with that? Does anyone know?

WX/PT

 

Working for me on radarscope and weathertap.  See attached picture of radar sites being operational:

 

radar.jpg.b415e4b58ce2e69df923725d341a1b21.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

Working for me on radarscope and weathertap.  See attached picture of radar sites being operational:

 

radar.jpg.b415e4b58ce2e69df923725d341a1b21.jpg

The sites seem to be back up and running. It must have been a momentary outage. What was particularly strange was that it was all of them.

WX/PT

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excessive Heat Advisories and Warnings very possible for parts of southeast PA next week.  Looks toasty 🌞

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

The sites seem to be back up and running. It must have been a momentary outage. What was particularly strange was that it was all of them.

WX/PT

 

Maybe they were doing something with the software.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Oliviajames3 said:

Excessive Heat Advisories and Warnings very possible for parts of southeast PA next week.  Looks toasty 🌞

 

Yeah, I can see widespread heat indices near 100, with the target day being Monday.
Tuesday may be stopped short by clouds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Analog96 said:

 

Yeah, I can see widespread heat indices near 100, with the target day being Monday.
Tuesday may be stopped short by clouds.

Tuesday could be one of those days with high and mid level cloudy days with little in the way of relief in temp.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 days to September; bring it on !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Analog96 said:

 

Yeah, I can see widespread heat indices near 100, with the target day being Monday.
Tuesday may be stopped short by clouds.

 

At PHL they will be 100-108 a couple of days in a row.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we roast until November 1st. Not falling for it again this Fall. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I’m no fan of long range CFS, but it’s saying we could get a few “cold” shots until the middle of September. Several runs in a row now, too.

 

850 temps 0-6°C.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WxLover said:

Observed Teleconnections (January 2018 Through July 2019).png

Nice post! Man look at that crazy NAO drop. And just look at how long it's been negative, like that's really incredible. Good to see the PDO is no longer negative. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 cells just popped over Rockland. Missed me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Intensewind001 said:

Some flooding in front of my house

20190818_024852.jpg

Those storms really blew up as they reached the South Shore. Warm SSTs do the trick. I picked up 1.06 by me in a very short time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...