Trump Impeached 12/19/19 -- 3rd Time in US History - Political Discussion Topics - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
33andrain

Trump Impeached 12/19/19 -- 3rd Time in US History

Recommended Posts

I mean he should be impeached for a multitude of reasons.  I understand why they're doing it.  You can't have an executive branch that's completely above the law.  I just dont see what good it will do if the end game is in the Senate.   I also rather the voters just have the chance to vote him out.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ModRisk said:

I mean he should be impeached for a multitude of reasons.  I understand why they're doing it.  You can't have an executive branch that's completely above the law.  I just dont see what good it will do if the end game is in the Senate.   I also rather the voters just have the chance to vote him out.   

Basically agree. Not sure what other options the Dems have though. If they do nothing then there are no major checks on his awful behavior. At first I thought for sure impeachment was a political disaster for Dems, but more and more I see how it’s necessary regardless of what the outcome is electorally (as much as it’s frustrating). Fact is trump has a strong chance of a 2nd term regardless of impeachment-better to hold him accountable IMO

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wxmd529 said:

Basically agree. Not sure what other options the Dems have though. If they do nothing then there are no major checks on his awful behavior. At first I thought for sure impeachment was a political disaster for Dems, but more and more I see how it’s necessary regardless of what the outcome is electorally (as much as it’s frustrating). Fact is trump has a strong chance of a 2nd term regardless of impeachment-better to hold him accountable IMO

 

 

Exactly.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate trump as much as the next person, but don’t be deluded into thinking Dems are moving forward with impeachment for the good of the country. :roll: Oh how Trump has managed to divert attention away from the disaster that is politics in America. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This des if it ever gets to the Senate.

 

You need to win in 2020 or the court becomes 6 - 3.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PB GFI said:

This des if it ever gets to the Senate.

 

You need to win in 2020 or the court becomes 6 - 3.

 


The court arguments crack me up.

 

In their calculations, my liberal and conservative friends seem to think all of the conservative justices are going to live forever. The court will be 6-3 or maybe 7-2, but it won’t last long. Big decisions will still be handed down in five years when there will be a different president and Congress. 
 


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:


The court arguments crack me up.

 

In their calculations, my liberal and conservative friends seem to think all of the conservative justices are going to live forever. The court will be 6-3 or maybe 7-2, but it won’t last long. Big decisions will still be handed down in five years when there will be a different president and Congress. 
 


 

 

 

6 - 3 will give you decisive decisions on issues that will take a long time to reverse.

So even when the pendulum swings back the court back to 5- 4 either way the judicial branch is usually leery of reversing settled law when its tight. 

 

It really takes a large majority that will be at play when RGB retires.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

 

6 - 3 will give you decisive decisions on issues that will take a long time to reverse.

So even when the pendulum swings back the court back to 5- 4 either way the judicial branch is usually leery of reversing settled law when its tight. 

 

It really takes a large majority that will be at play when RGB retires.



Agree, that’s a good point based on history. 
 

It’s possible I still have too much faith in our institutions. Worst case scenario I envision is a rollback to state’s rights on most issues. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NJwxguy78 said:



Agree, that’s a good point based on history. 
 

It’s possible I still have too much faith in our institutions. Worst case scenario I envision is a rollback to state’s rights on most issues. 


Yes. One reason I want to raise my kids in New York, expensive as hell, but conservative justices won’t really impact as much here as in other states 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 7:35 AM, Psv said:


Yes. One reason I want to raise my kids in New York, expensive as hell, but conservative justices won’t really impact as much here as in other states 

I love KC. It's a great charming up and coming city. With great people and much to do. Coming from the east coast, though I'm already learning this the hard way. Out here Jeff City throws a wrench in quiet a few things. I don't even want to think what will happen out here if the court go's 6-3. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Logan Giles said:

Interesting how this ad popped up in this thread. Hmmmm 849653711_ScreenShot2019-12-03at11_14_48PM.png.8ae51302a480ea481cc8efe88d1d310e.png

Google ad re-targeting. They’re geniuses. :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 9:31 PM, 33andrain said:

Impeachment Report Says Trump Solicited Foreign Election Interference

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/03/us/politics/impeachment-trump-intelligence-committee.html

 

I think the only thing Trump is guilty of (in that phone call) is uttering a word-jumble of fractured thoughts.  

 

I'm pretty convinced Trump knows very little about anything, and yet I still look forward to voting for him in November. 

 

The democrats are terrifying.  They actually think the world is coming to an end because of the weather.  Voting for them is pretty much like voting for a cult leader.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appears to be pointless. I'm not American, though.

 

The call seemed to happen on or around the time there was an election in Ukraine and the Ukrainian President's party did quite well in that election, giving a clear majority. So, it was probably originally penned in up be a congratulations call. "You only call me when I win things" he said on the call.

 

As an outsider, I haven't heard anything definitive. All foreign aid is quid pro quo. You give something in order to get something you want back, be it policy change or whatever. Biden was quite vocal about this when he held 1 billion in aid in order to get a prosecutor fired (i won't go into details). So, the only question which then remains is if Trump acted to personally benefit and tried to solicit interference in the 2020 election.

 

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. The call itself is just a jumble of words and incoherent thoughts, much like how Trump speaks on camera. It is mostly second hand information, but at best it is muddled with general corruption concerns. If there was an attempt, it doesn't seem to have made it to where it needed to be in order for it to be taken that way by Ukraine. They have said repeated times they didn't see it that way. In any normal case, when the supposed "victim" is saying no crime was committed, there isn't anything to answer for.

 

I personally think Trump is obsessed with the deep state mindset and can't get over what was attempted in regards to try and drag him out of office over the Russia investigation, which he has partially linked to Ukraine, rightfully or wrongly. Would I put it past him to try it? Nope, but I'm far away from being sure that's what he was doing.

 

Personally, if I was an American, I'd be more concerned by this Adam Schiff character. Made some quite dubious claims while the Russian investigation was going on and again when describing the call with Ukraine.

 

Not a perfect call and perhaps the voters should keep it in mind come election time, but it isn't enough to drag someone out of elected office over.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think what trump did was certainly impeachable if not enough for removal. My problem is that when the dems started setting these strict time lines it makes the whole thing look like one big political exercise. If your going to go in you have to go in all the way. Otherwise you loose all credibility. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MI Storm said:

I think what trump did was certainly impeachable if not enough for removal. My problem is that when the dems started setting these strict time lines it makes the whole thing look like one big political exercise. If your going to go in you have to go in all the way. Otherwise you loose all credibility. 

Good point but remember impeachment is literally a political exercise. ;) The Dems and Reps have been putting party ahead of country for a long time now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dems are so dumb. They are blinded by hate. Impeachment helps Trumps 2020 chances. Then we will have an impeached president who win an election. What will dems do then. Impeach him again LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...