2020 Presidential Election - Political Discussion Topics - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
33andrain

2020 Presidential Election

2 hours ago, 4casterKDIX said:

Booty-Judge fan here.

But what is he actually going to do? He's a bit boring. And he isn't going to do well in the Southern primaries.

• Like 2

Just now, Snowy Hibbo said:

But what is he actually going to do? He's a bit boring. And he isn't going to do well in the Southern primaries.

I like him as well. He's not the moderate the media is trying to portray him as right now, but he's smart. It's been some time since we had someone truly intelligent in the office. And he seems generally conflict averse. Biden is barely alive. Warren is far too radical and in your face about it. Sanders is crazy. Gabbard is a Russian spy. When you peel back all the layers of the onion, Buttigieg is really the only one left who is appealing. Sad state for Dems.

35 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

My prediction for 2020

5B5CECC0-9530-4BCE-B787-10D77B7CCEA3.jpeg

Jfc I hope not. I cannot envision a scenario in which Trump wins re-election. I really do think he will be impeached and removed or forced to resign. We can only hope this long national nightmare will be over soon. Trump makes me long for the Obama days and he sucked, so that's saying something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 33andrain said:

I like him as well. He's not the moderate the media is trying to portray him as right now, but he's smart. It's been some time since we had someone truly intelligent in the office. And he seems generally conflict averse. Biden is barely alive. Warren is far too radical and in your face about it. Sanders is crazy. Gabbard is a Russian spy. When you peel back all the layers of the onion, Buttigieg is really the only one left who is appealing. Sad state for Dems.

I'd vote for a hotdog stand if it went up against Trump.

32 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

My prediction for 2020

5B5CECC0-9530-4BCE-B787-10D77B7CCEA3.jpeg

I'd give Arizona to the dems. North Carolina probably. I reckon Michigan too, I'll come back to this at some point. 

There's things to be said about Pennsylvania, Florida. Even Iowa and Georgia. It depends who gets the nomination.

Just now, ModRisk said:

I'd vote for a hotdog stand if it went up against Trump.

Meh. I couldn't in good conscience vote for a Sanders or Warren. In that event, I'd have to vote 3rd party. It is what it is. Not gonna vote for an even bigger idiot just to own Trump. Can't do it.

• Like 1

Just now, 33andrain said:

Meh. I couldn't in good conscience vote for a Sanders or Warren. In that event, I'd have to vote 3rd party. It is what it is. Not gonna vote for an even bigger idiot just to own Trump. Can't do it.

There is no bigger idiot though.  He needs to be out of office.  I want to go back to a time where it wasn't normal to pardon war criminals.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snowy Hibbo said:

I'd give Arizona to the dems. North Carolina probably. I reckon Michigan too, I'll come back to this at some point. 

There's things to be said about Pennsylvania, Florida. Even Iowa and Georgia. It depends who gets the nomination.

I strongly disagree about the rust belt (PA, MI, WI, etc).  I live and serve locally in a county in NJ redder than Kentucky (literally). I talk about filling potholes and people come to meetings screaming about killing babies and giving sanctuary to illegal immigrants. Voter turnout percentages among Trump voters are higher than they were in 2016. He easily takes the rust belt plus Florida in 2020. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

I strongly disagree about the rust belt (PA, MI, WI, etc).  I live and serve locally in a county in NJ redder than Kentucky (literally). I talk about filling potholes and people come to meetings screaming about killing babies and giving sanctuary to illegal immigrants. Voter turnout percentages among Trump voters are higher than they were in 2016. He easily takes the rust belt plus Florida in 2020. 

I think it ends up being really close.  It could go either way.  Turnout will be insane. 

10 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

That's only if you see the role of the Democrats as to somehow "unite" the nation. To be the centrists.

I don't see being a radical as bad. Trump was a radical.

3 minutes ago, Snowy Hibbo said:

That's only if you see the role of the Democrats as to somehow "unite" the nation. To be the centrists.

I don't see being a radical as bad. Trump was a radical.

I'm definitely with you on this.  I do not want another moderate but we need to beat Trump and a centrist might be the only way. 

19 minutes ago, ModRisk said:

I think it ends up being really close.  It could go either way.  Turnout will be insane. 

And I think it will be on the lower end. Trump has made more people disenfranchised than he has made people want to get out and vote. But you may be right.

• Like 2