December 1-2, 2019 -- Winter Storm Discussion and Observations - Page 192 - Archived Storm Threads - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
brooklynwx99

December 1-2, 2019 -- Winter Storm Discussion and Observations

2 minutes ago, CCB! said:

LP deepening. Area of increased lift on the periphery of the 850 frontogenesis lending a hand to the developing band across NJ on a SE to NW axis as it begins its pivot.

image.png 

image.png

image.png

Probably wishful thinking, but I'm wondering if the band aligns or expands to co-locate with the higher FGEN in EPA

• Like 2

Just now, wxmd529 said:

I like a general ~1.0in QPF max in the band wherever it sets up. That means your floor is 6in and the ceiling is close to a foot (although would be surprised with any significant reports >12in) and feel the area just outside the city either to the SW W or NW depending on where it sets up to feature these JP amounts

I would generally agree with this.  I’m thinking the city might come close to half a foot also.  It appears they should get in on the banding.  NNJ looks good also.  

Just now, swamplover56 said:

Anyone in western NJ? Returns look great there

I'm in Trenton, NJ.  The roads aren't snow covered...and the snow is barely sticking to the grass.  We need it to snow heavy for a while to get it to accumulate. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BMC10 said:

I would generally agree with this.  I’m thinking the city might come close to half a foot also.  It appears they should get in on the banding.  NNJ looks good also.  

Fact of the matter is that the heaviest banding appears to drop 0.1-0.2/hr so if you get it to sit on top of your for 3 hours your we'll on your way to 6 and more. The issue with the city is that it'll be tough to accumulate until the banding is fully mature but once this occurs it should have no problem esp towards dark

• Like 3

Friend in Hillsborough has mod snow falling with a coating on colder surfaces

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 33andrain said:

Btw, don't care of it's nowcasting time...still want to know when the RGEM comes out. @wxmd529 or @Snowman11. Crappy maps and all. Thanks.

Here you go - won't verify, but if it did, the NYC gang would never get over it...

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ZachF103 said:

Back to light snow 10 miles west of Boston

I don't think it ever flipped to rain like modeled in Waltham.

• Like 1