December 1-2, 2019 -- Winter Storm Discussion and Observations

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Umm. I’ve never been high on this event, but I’m doing some analysis on mobile and I’m seeikg some major red flags here. I might be totally off base, as I’ve been awake for almost 30 hours now, but he

Just a polite suggestion.    When it’s snowing get outside. Don’t look  at the HRRRRRRRR or the 96K NAM.    GET. OUTSIDE!   my kids and wife just went to sleep and I poured

Been going at about 1.25" per hour last 3-4 hours, at 9" approaching 10, looks like a foot will be reachable up here.     sorry havent been on   Wife told me i was gonna be a

Posted Images

Just now, dmillz25 said:

Sheesh that hurts. Maybe you could make it up for it coming up

My expectations were for a low confidence 1-3" storm total here. So far, maybe a cool-surface coating this morning and nothing since. If I can pull off an inch, I'll take it and run.

2 minutes ago, antmasiello_HM said:

Just in case anyone was wondering: it's been mostly rain here in Burlington with this renewed precip. The DGZ took a hit with large subsidence from offshore convection. That should somewhat repair itself in the next couple of hours, but lol at my area...

I’m just north of you in Bordentown.  It’s snowing here but not sticking.  

1 minute ago, MJOP8 said:

As Paul noted, this still has to pivot into the NJ/NYC areas. This looks good IMO

inxr1Knyca_h.gif

inxr1Kalba_h.gif

Some of that is over head and its producing. Hopefully it bodes well for you guys down in jersey

3 minutes ago, MJOP8 said:

As Paul noted, this still has to pivot into the NJ/NYC areas. This looks good IMO

inxr1Knyca_h.gif

inxr1Kalba_h.gif

27 inches in Clifton park NY, they’ll break 30 based off that radar.  We might have busted but not up by Albany. Also you think all those goodies up by Albany will pivot down? 

2 minutes ago, NSFW Weather Guy said:

@Heavy snow you snowing yet?

Ya!! I posted about 6 minutes ago. First flakes of the day. It’s now steady. Everything turning white finally. I was ready to pack the car and move back to Westchester 

edit: just kidding, no desire to pay 20,000 in taxes for a two bedroom cape. 

• 33andrain changed the title to December 1-2, 2019 -- Winter Storm Discussion and Observations
  • 33andrain unpinned this topic