The Mandalorian & All Things Star Wars - Page 2 - TV/Movies Posts - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ChineseFood4Snow

The Mandalorian & All Things Star Wars

2 minutes ago, ChineseFood4Snow said:

Thanks...this is pretty close to my list actually.  I just can't put Rogue One above Empire, I do love it though...it's close.  Haven't seen Solo yet, so I'll wait to share my complete list.  God yes with Phantom Menace last.

Hah. Yeah TPM was so bad. Honestly the dialogue in Clones was worse, but it was an overall better production. Solo is good man. Really good. You’ll like it and should watch it immediately. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 33andrain said:

Hah. Yeah TPM was so bad. Honestly the dialogue in Clones was worse, but it was an overall better production. Solo is good man. Really good. You’ll like it and should watch it immediately. 

Spot on my friend, and I will get on that Solo thing!

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 9:11 PM, 33andrain said:

Good stuff @ChineseFood4Snow. I am a Star Wars nut and have watched each of the 4 eps the day they came out. Love baby yoda. I would rank the episodes so far .... 3,2,1.4. I've liked them all, but I thought this past week was more like your typical sci-fi adventure of the week show. Didn't move the yoda arc along at all, and there are only 4 episodes left in season 1!

Okay, just saw episode 4 and have to say it's my favorite so far.  I disagree with this being typical sci-fi adventure...this is the Seven Samurai, Magnificent Seven, Three Amigos if you will.  It's been done before, but it's a great story and I love it.  I am good with not moving forward with baby Yoda.  He's there and he's awesome, and that's enough for now.  This was great.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChineseFood4Snow said:

Okay, just saw episode 4 and have to say it's my favorite so far.  I disagree with this being typical sci-fi adventure...this is the Seven Samurai, Magnificent Seven, Three Amigos if you will.  It's been done before, but it's a great story and I love it.  I am good with not moving forward with baby Yoda.  He's there and he's awesome, and that's enough for now.  This was great.

Respect. The acting, the writing and everything having to do with training the villagers and all that...ugh. But I still liked it overall. I lower my standards a bit for sci-fi because there’s so little of my favorite genre on tv typically. :) 

i'm terrible in that Solo is the only movie i haven't seen and Chewie (my dogs namesake) is my all time most favoritest character.  i suck.  

Episodes1-3 aren't my favorites - i prefer 4-6 way more simply because they're what came first and started my love for the series.  With that being said Rogue One, The Force Awakens, etc... do get my love as well because I just think they stayed with the original feel.

https://gizmodo.com/39-tattoos-of-baby-yoda-that-prove-were-all-obsessed-wi-1840195265   Enjoy! If they ever do a baby cookie then I'd definitely do a baby yoda and baby chewy tattoo. 

On 12/4/2019 at 8:13 PM, 33andrain said:

Good stuff. ESB is definitely my favorite of the first 6 to come out. Since then, I think it had stiff competition. I put several of the films in the same league. Here’s how I’d rank all of the movies. 

Rogue One

Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

The Force Awakens

Solo

Return of the Jedi

Revenge of the Sith

The Last Jedi (Don’t get me started)

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace

:) 

This is basically how I rank the movies too. I would just put “New Hope” in second and ESB in third and Last Jedi above Revenge of the Sith. All of the prequels, with the exception of the last 30 minutes of ROTS, were horrible. 

• Like 1

Mandalorian Episode 5...

Ep 5 was another adventure of the week. I thought it was significantly better than episode 4, but Disney isn't going to be able to justify having 2 filler episodes in an 8 episode season. I've heard the argument that they developing the character(s). Frankly, this is a very predictable show and I don't think we need Mando's character explored much further. He's basically the Mandolarian version of Finn. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Episode 6...

Regarding the cloaked figure at the end, I've had speculation that it may be Boba Fett. The timeline works per the SW nerds.

Not one post about the new Star Wars movie. Anyone else see Rise of the Skywalker and what did you think? Personally, I loved it. Saw it in the theater twice. Enjoyed it the first time more. As I expected, JJ Abrams did as good a job as possible undoing the sheet storm that was The Last Jedi and then wrapped everything up nicely. Yes, the pace was rushed for the first 45 minutes as the travesty was undone. So what... ended strong and I was welled up the whole last 30 minutes so, I admit it. 

On 1/22/2020 at 9:35 AM, 33andrain said:

Not one post about the new Star Wars movie. Anyone else see Rise of the Skywalker and what did you think? Personally, I loved it. Saw it in the theater twice. Enjoyed it the first time more. As I expected, JJ Abrams did as good a job as possible undoing the sheet storm that was The Last Jedi and then wrapped everything up nicely. Yes, the pace was rushed for the first 45 minutes as the travesty was undone. So what... ended strong and I was welled up the whole last 30 minutes so, I admit it. 

Thought I was going to see it the night my daughters' girl scout meeting was held in my house...timing didn't work out though.  I still haven't seen Solo dammit!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChineseFood4Snow said:

Thought I was going to see it the night my daughters' girl scout meeting was held in my house...timing didn't work out though.  I still haven't seen Solo dammit!

Gotta get caught up!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this