We're going to war with Iran - Political Discussion Topics - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
WxInTheBronx

We're going to war with Iran

Pray for Trump.

So far he has done well to keep us out of these

50 minutes ago, WxInTheBronx said:

There is little doubt in my mind. We apparently just assassinated one of their senior military leaders.

This is simply not good. A war with Iran would be a total disaster, far worse than anything that happened with Iraq. https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/middleeast/iran-war-games-kiley-intl/index.html

I don’t see any objective reason to believe that the president wants to fight a war with Iran. They may want a war with us. If so, it is not good, but we will win.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, user13 said:

Pray for Trump.

So far he has done well to keep us out of these

Suleimani has killed more Americans in the M/E than any commander in that region.

The Pentagon has the number at about 600.

Just sorry it took so long to eliminate him.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

I don’t see any objective reason to believe that the president wants to fight a war with Iran. They may want a war with us. If so, it is not good, but we will win.

I agree the POTUS is not going to go into an election year fighting a war in the M/E when his top Priority has been to reduce America's footprint in the region.

The Iranians do not want a war they can't win either.

They are self preservationists and their main goal is to eliminate Israel and destabilize S/A.

It does them no good to have their military degraded by the US in a 1 on 1 conflict.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PB GFI said:

I agree the POTUS is not going to go into an election year fighting a war in the M/E when his top Priority has been to reduce America's footprint in the region.

The Iranians do not want a war they can't win either.

They are self preservationists and their main goal is to eliminate Israel and destabilize S/A.

It does them no good to have their military degraded by the US in a 1 on 1 conflict.

We would crush them just like the yankees will this year

32 minutes ago, user13 said:

We would crush them just like the yankees will this year

🤡

Topographic-map-of-Iran-shows-various-physiographic-regions-source-wwwworldofmapsnet.png

• Like 1

I mean yeah, bad guy dead is good, BUT there will definitely be retaliations for this. 

Will it be more attacks? Will it be a declaration of war? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Superstorm93 said:

I mean yeah, bad guy dead is good, BUT there will definitely be retaliations for this. 

Will it be more attacks? Will it be a declaration of war? 

More dead Americans...

1 minute ago, ModRisk said:

More dead Americans...

I’ve  heard of so many deployments over the past few days. Terrible 

This dude was evil

“Don’t underestimate the hatred and vitriol that senior us military officials with experience in Iraq have toward Qassem Soleimani," she said. "He has the blood of hundreds of American troops on his hands. The consequences of killing Soleimani ― the most influential Middle East military official for decades ― cannot be underestimated. ”

The U.S. has deployed more than 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East throughout the past six months. There are more than 60,000 American troops in the CENTCOM theater of operations.

“This strike and accompanying raid dealt an incredible blow to Iran’s proxy network across the entire region. They [Iran] will respond violently and likely in multiple theaters,” Jennifer Cafarella, an researcher with the Institute for the Study of War, told Military Times.

“But they [Iran] will do so deprived of key leaders and the impunity they’ve enjoyed for the last few years. Tonight’s events have likely fundamentally changed the trajectory of the region,” she explained.

No one ever said he wasn't evil.  

1 minute ago, ModRisk said:

No one ever said he wasn't evil.  

So now what?

1 minute ago, user13 said:

So now what?

I pray to God we don't find out what's next.

Just now, WxInTheBronx said:

I pray to God we don't find out what's next.

Well this could end up being a good thing or a very bad thing

Just now, NJwxguy78 said:

That would be one way to cause a SSW event

Let's send nukes over the PNA region to force a ridge and give us a snowstorm.