Hot Topic in Science: 2019-nCoV: Coronavirus Outbreak 2020 - Page 187 - Political Discussion Topics - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
Jakkel138

Hot Topic in Science: 2019-nCoV: Coronavirus Outbreak 2020

2 minutes ago, user13 said:

We dont have the disapline china can envoke.

China took welding torches and sealed people in their apartments

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MesoBanding said:

Take a deep breath. If we can all band together and do this right - with massive government aid - we can emerge from this in a few months. 

We can’t watch millions more people suffer and die and do nothing. 

We can’t.

That’s not what being a human is. 

You must be a Paul Krugman guy... 

is there no limit to "government stimulus" in your world? Just print that shit forever and mail everyone the checks? Why don't we always do this anyway if money is free?

Seriously, JM Keynes would blush at your posts. 

Just now, swamplover56 said:

China took welding torches and sealed people in their apartments

And mobile crematoriums 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, user13 said:

I dont know what happens then. The reserve cureccy is at risk if we print the way we are talking about.

Also the debt to gdp will head to japan level

No S/A and the Brettonwoods agreement ensures us as the reserve currency.

We protect them against Iran, full stop.

2 minutes ago, FlemingtonPhil said:

is there no limit to "government stimulus" in your world? Just print that shit forever and mail everyone the checks? Why don't we always do this anyway if money is free?

please stop attacking people that you don’t know. You are wrong on this, specifically, and we’re trying to be civil given the gravity of the situation. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I think it's 2 Trillion to start.

Then it's another Trillion to support the unemployed.

It's that 1st 2 Trillion that's the most important.

It needs to set the foundation or the whole thing falls.

hopefully our grandkids won’t mind paying it back too. 

4 minutes ago, FlemingtonPhil said:

I am a supply sider and have always believed in top line growth not being over taxed so you achieve growth through spending but if you shut a consumer economy down because of a natural disaster then it's the job of Government to steady the ship.

• Like 4

To put into perspective the 2020 defense budget is around 800 billion, were talking trillions of dollars for a citizen bailout

1 minute ago, swamplover56 said:

To put into perspective the 2020 defense budget is around 800 billion, were talking trillions of dollars for a citizen bailout

This is going to be an economic action, but don’t be fooled. It’s equally a DOD and DHS action.

2 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

Well the DOD is coming to the rescue.

Happy we have those  supplies on hand.

Just want it on scene asap is all.

Just now, PB GFI said:

Well the DOD is coming to the rescue.

Happy we have thosw supplies on hand.

Just want it on scene asap is all.

We can barely control the Treasury market as is with the debt right now. Who is going to buy 3 trillion if 1 trillion is hard.

2 minutes ago, user13 said:

We can barely control the Treasury market as is with the debt right now. Who is going to buy 3 trillion if 1 trillion is hard.

NY FED, we will monetize it.

QE, 4 ? Or is it 5, I can't keep track anymore 

• Like 2

Today's Charts - Not a great day.  

Interesting (read this as horrifying) article from Ars Technica about epidemiological modeling of Covid-19.

"When looked at in terms of critical-care facilities, most of the mitigation strategies don't work especially well. While all of them do flatten the curve to various degrees, closing schools or isolating infected people still leave hundreds of thousands of people who need hospitalization without any place to go. Even a combination of measures (case isolation, home quarantine, and social distancing of the elderly) completely swamps the medical system.

To really have an effect in either the UK or US, general social isolation is needed. In combination with household quarantine and case isolation, the need for critical-care hospital beds will be exceeded for several months, but the excess will only be slight and might be manageable with emergency measures. The combination of school closures, case isolation, and general social distancing keeps the peak infections low enough to ensure critical care's capacity isn't exceeded, and problems will gradually taper off after the peak in April.

The problem here is that the virus will remain circulating at low levels in the population in this scenario. The authors model releasing the restrictions in September, and by October, a peak appears that rivals the one caused by doing nothing to begin with. (Although less effective forms of suppression have a lower peak because so many people ended up infected in the intervening months.)

On their own, the results would suggest that the best way to minimize the death rate is to maintain social distancing indefinitely, until a vaccine is developed that provides sufficient protection for herd immunity."

image.png.c3e40844c3fd825d0a64afb1fb75f026.png

image.png.da05000fdd5606c743680145adc66445.png

Guys, Global currencies exists on a computer screen, nothing more.

It's all made up bll#^*(.

I have probably handled Billions of $ of transactions in my career

Edit... per year.

Think about it, PB, Billions!!!!

And guess what, It was all theoretically priced crap.

It's a bunch of Quants that face off against each other every day in the Global markets and take a stance based on their proprietary algo.

That's it, that's all it is.

The US can print $ and its FED buys it and puts it on its magical books.

In 10 years it will take some off, that's the least of our worries,  trust me.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Oliviajames3 said:

I also don’t think it is fair eliminate the college debt for those people.  That is the debt they chose.  I went to a state school that wasn’t expensive but I worked Friday and Saturday to help pay for it.  I left college with no debt.  I could have been lazy and not work and carried some debt but I decided not to.  My wife has been teasingly mocked by her friends because I have been warning for the past 18 months that the bubble will pop.  Pay off debt during good times not increase the debt.  

Right cancelling college debt would cost trillions of dollars and yes they choose that

Lol, per year, not my career

That's how fake this all is.

• Like 1

Just now, PB GFI said:

Lol, per year, not my career

That's how fake this all is.

Im not concerned about guys like you that know what it’s all about. 

I’m concerned about the guys swimming in a sea of worthless paper that will fuel an actual civil breakdown because they can’t grasp reality. More concerned today than yesterday, but not enough to hide in the bunker.

• Like 2