Hot Topic in Science: 2019-nCoV: Coronavirus Outbreak 2020 - Page 320 - Political Discussion Topics - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
Jakkel138

Hot Topic in Science: 2019-nCoV: Coronavirus Outbreak 2020

5 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

I'll be honest, I do not expect most - if not all- schools back in session this calendar school year. 

I think it depends what locations reach their apex on cases and when that happens.  I could see NY re-opening schools May 1, so that teachers and kids have a month or so of class before school ends for the year.  Other places where cases are just now going up and are a couple of weeks behind NY,  they may not re-open, since by then they are at mid-May onward and makes no sense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

I think it depends what locations reach their apex on cases and when that happens.  I could see NY re-opening schools May 1, so that teachers and kids have a month or so of class before school ends for the year.  Other places where cases are just now going up and are a couple of weeks behind NY,  they may not re-open, since by then they are at mid-May onward and makes no sense.

yeah it would depend on how under control the situation is and at one point the peak is in that location, places that peak mid April for example have a chance

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

Spain added 738 deaths. F$*". 

Brutal, especially considering that their population is lower than Italy's. But they have a lot of the same factors contributing: old population, relatively low number of ICU beds/ventilators per capita, very social greetings, etc. Spain also is a country with vast swathes of minimal population density and a couple of very dense cities where everyone uses public transit, so it's not a surprise that it's been able to spread so explosively there.

• Like 1

A 12% hospitalization rate seems encouraging, especially given how NY isn't really testing minor cases much.

The Archdiocese of Philadelphia has announced that they are cancelling all Holy Week & Easter public services. This directive affects more than 250 parishes in SE PA.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Thundersnow3765 said:

Anne's Choice is a huge retirement complex in Warminster, just heard today that a receptionist tested positive. Several employees & 70 residents are now in quarantine. I worked there last month doing some renovations & can tell you there are many residents that are in poor health. Hopefully they can avoid a really ugly situation.

Just now, ModRisk said:

Surreal

8 minutes ago, colonel_kurtz said:

Anne's Choice is a huge retirement complex in Warminster, just heard today that a receptionist tested positive. Several employees & 70 residents are now in quarantine. I worked there last month doing some renovations & can tell you there are many residents that are in poor health. Hopefully they can avoid a really ugly situation.

A nursing home in Northampton County also had a worker just test positive. Scary situation for sure.

2 minutes ago, ModRisk said:

Oh no. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ModRisk said:

Oh no this is bad!

How about the Dow though on positive news at this time but can swing like a child playground set

Up over 1000 pts. 

Amazing lost 30% of my 529 since March 12thish and recovered  ~ 14% so far in these past 2 days

56 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

Thanks for self-moderating this thread back on track. We’re all busy today and would hate to have to shutdown the thread.

The bill is done. Let’s keep it to the COVID19 science. Thx.

This thread (last couple pages of partisan bickering excluded) contains lots of vital information and If be interested to know how many are reading it at any one time. I'm new here but there really should be almost zero scenarios where the thread is locked. You're not putting people in timeout after a heated model suite, you're cutting people off from information that can help make life or death situations.