Hot Topic in Science: 2019-nCoV: Coronavirus Outbreak 2020 - Page 80 - Political Discussion Topics - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
Jakkel138

Hot Topic in Science: 2019-nCoV: Coronavirus Outbreak 2020

Just now, Psv said:

It’s an airborne virus, washing your hands won’t help when someone coughs in front of you. 

plane might be virtually empty-sit away from people (hard to know that until you get there)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MesoBanding said:

I have insurance but not sure if it covers “fear”. I have tried to call Disney with 2 hour wait times so far. The flight is likely a wash. 

all in all I would lose like $7K in the worst case scenario but really the money isn’t my worry here. 

Tell them you're sick, get a doctor's note.

You will get a credit.

1 minute ago, MesoBanding said:

I have insurance but not sure if it covers “fear”. I have tried to call Disney with 2 hour wait times so far. The flight is likely a wash. 

all in all I would lose like $7K in the worst case scenario but really the money isn’t my worry here. 

Airlines are reimbursing and not charging fees.  Parks may follow suit if travel is down Significantly especially with new travel restrictions in place.  

2 minutes ago, Rygar said:

Sounds like this isn't a once in a lifetime trip for the fam....

It’s not. Transparently I can go whenever I want. I’ll have broken-hearted kids but they’re tough little f*ckers with short memories. 

D5FC2086-C60D-494C-93B0-ADEEEFFBA316.png

The airlines will need to be bailed out

• Like 1

Wonder if they will close down Disney parks in America like they did with Shanghai Disney.

Just now, MesoBanding said:

It’s not. Transparently I can go whenever I want. I’ll have broken-hearted kids but they’re tough little f*ckers with short memories. 

yep, they will move on to the next thing and you'll still go at a future date

Just now, Psv said:

totally-this will rival or exceed 9/11 for loss of business

I think Boeing will be a great buy 

1 minute ago, Adam said:

In 6 months. Going to tank tomorrow 

1 minute ago, Adam said:

There will be plenty of good buying opportunities.  I wouldn’t jump in for a while though.  I have been saying for a while that the market will be down 50% from its high.  Cash is always good to have in the sidelines. 

• Like 1

Going to be some great flight deals down the road. The airlines will have to do something. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Psv said:

Yes.

31 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

I see a rocky road. Corp earnings are going to take a hit next Q.

GDP will grind lower and consumer confidence needs to be repaired.

So you can always get these 2% swings and at 25k , 500 points are the norm.

I think this should shake out a little and then you buy em.

I just need to see some stability 1st and that will take a little time.

PB crops are gonna be delayed again this spring with plant season most likely being delayed due to the very wet next few weeks and snow in the areas that have been dealing with this sin e early October.

• Like 1

This is crazy guys. I hope everyone is staying safe out there:). I really hope it’s good by August that’s when I’m getting married and honeymoon to Greece. Lol. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MesoBanding said:

I know we have some fundamental disagreements on methods and scale of this virus but I will ask you not to go. You are so much safer where you are. 

1 hour ago, MesoBanding said:

Can someone educate me on what Europe did to close out travel to and from China and when?

If someone already responded I apologize, things are developing quickly tonight

pretty scary that Italy suspended flights in & around China a couple of days before we implemented our restrictions, hopefully we can avoid the same result

https://www.thinkglobalhealth.org/article/travel-restrictions-china-due-covid-19

• Like 2

Here is a group of software pros who have volunteered to collect, verify and host COVID-19 data for the USA and Canada.  To the best of my knowledge, this is the only place you can see data by county.  Pity that the feds are not doing this work.

https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

• Like 4