Weather Threats on the Horizon: Spring 2020 Edition - Page 27 - Forecasting and Discussion - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
Oliviajames3

Weather Threats on the Horizon: Spring 2020 Edition

Surprised there aren't at least WWAs across most of MA/CT; I think all models are locked on the idea of them seeing some particularly heavy snow/rates coming up within 2-3 hours from now.

1 minute ago, Crossbowftw3 said:

Surprised there aren't at least WWAs across most of MA/CT; I think all models are locked on the idea of them seeing some particularly heavy snow/rates coming up within 2-3 hours from now.

ALB seems to be downplaying this the whole time minus the elevated areas

3 minutes ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

ALB seems to be downplaying this the whole time minus the elevated areas

BGM did the same thing, but that was before the potential heavier rates/banding trended NE away from areas in its CWA--to now where it seems likely to set up

Main roads even getting covered around here

4 minutes ago, LHVwx said:

Main roads even getting covered around here

Whole different story around here in Sullivan...roads still wet, haven't seen much accumulate since 10 AM and some has melted away. Still sounds like sleet/snow/rain mix (or combination of the three)

5 minutes ago, Crossbowftw3 said:

Whole different story around here in Sullivan...roads still wet, haven't seen much accumulate since 10 AM and some has melted away. Still sounds like sleet/snow/rain mix (or combination of the three)

interesting, down south here in rockland co I’m basically all snow (pretty heavy too) maybe some sleet mixed in. Lost some accumulation earlier this morning due to the lull we had but probably around an inch total so far.

8 minutes ago, LHVwx said:

interesting, down south here in rockland co I’m basically all snow (pretty heavy too) maybe some sleet mixed in. Lost some accumulation earlier this morning due to the lull we had but probably around an inch total so far.

Of course I'm lower elevation than most of Sullivan County but still quite surprising that areas closer to the coasts are all snow while I've been mixing for hours

1 hour ago, Crossbowftw3 said:

ALB seems to be downplaying this the whole time minus the elevated areas.

Here all roads are covered and moderate to heavy snow... Roads a a wreck.

2 minutes ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

Once that band pushed through it changes to drizzle and starts melting. It was fun for 30 minutes but that is all she wrote. Storm got its act together too late. east will do well

I know not big deal this late in game but every model has 6"+ for all of Ulster now a big change from yesterday. Or even last night.

Just now, HVSNOWSTORM said:

I know not big deal this late in game but every model has 6"+ for all of Ulster now a big change from yesterday. Or even last night.

radar looks like shit to our south. Not going to happen

16 minutes ago, HVSNOWSTORM said:

Roads still just wet here...no tangible accumulations since 10-11 AM.

Finished with about a half inch. Had 30 minutes of the heaviest snow of season and a loud flash of thunder snow. It is what is. Was a fun distraction for 30 minutes 

Snow started to really pick up over the last 20-30 minutes or so...still not accumulating very well.

Back edge is past Scranton/Wilkes-Barre so storm should be wrapping up for me by sunset or around there.