COVID19 Global Pandemic: 3,500,000 + Confirmed Cases - Political Discussion Topics - 33andrain Weather Discussion Community Jump to content
NJwxguy78

COVID19 Global Pandemic: 3,500,000 + Confirmed Cases

Just a “where we began.”

D79E38A8-B4F1-4E3F-A82A-DD7DC838A605.jpeg

28A030A3-1B81-4F2A-A065-0CE21E296D74.jpeg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

According to 91-Divoc, TX les the country in tests administered over Friday and Saturday, about 150% more tests than their previous couple weeks. This article is sloppily written at best, disingenuous more likely. 

1 hour ago, NJwxguy78 said:

Testing has been so royally screwed up. Hospital admissions would be a better indicator of OTG reality.

Totally agree-just b/c a location has more or less cases doesn't mean alot given the erratic nature of testing....have to dig deeper into how many tests-agree on the hospitalization rate-that's what they are using in CT as the largest indicator.

• Like 1

NYC will no longer count public health lab testing in its daily indicators because such testing is now a very small part of citywide tests. So it will be daily hospitalizations (88 as of 5/2), ICUs (632), and citywide testing (17% positive).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WxInTheBronx said:

NYC will no longer count public health lab testing in its daily indicators because such testing is now a very small part of citywide tests. So it will be daily hospitalizations (88 as of 5/2), ICUs (632), and citywide testing (17% positive).

I believe here in CT too-they are launching a new way of showing the daily indicators as well-starts today I think.

• Like 1

Just heard Murphy is closing schools for the remainder of the academic year. 

Phase 1 in NYC probably on 6/1. Phase 2 on 6/15 and so on as long as the criteria is met. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manny said:

Phase 1 in NYC probably on 6/1. Phase 2 on 6/15 and so on as long as the criteria is met. Just my opinion. 

If the city keeps its sh*t together, we might be able to pull a phase 1 sometime between 15 May and 01 June. BDB reported just 88 new hospitalizations from Saturday.

• Like 3

From NBC:

A new French study has found that COVID-19 was already spreading in France in late December 2019, a month before the official first cases were declared in the country.

Dr. Yves Cohen, the head of an intensive care department at a hospital in Paris, told French television BFMTV on Sunday that the virus was present at their hospital in the north of Paris on Dec. 27. Dr. Cohen and his team re-examined medical records of intensive care patients admitted for influenza-like illness who tested negative for flu and other coronaviruses between Dec. 2, 2019 and Jan. 16, 2020.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/live-blog/2020-05-04-coronavirus-news-n1199156/ncrd1199231#liveBlogHeader

The study can be found here:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924857920301643?via%3Dihub#!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Manny said:

Cuomo said he will shut down the state again if the infection right comes right back up.