COVID-19 Pandemic: ~56M Cases, ~1.3M Dead

8 minutes ago, Jefflaw77 said:

Well, yea, but the point is that their governor is implementing restrictions that have been viewed by Republicans as DISGUSTING.  The fact of the matter, when the shit gets going, and you're in dire straights, you start to make decisions very quickly.. And since everyone is always so good at playing Monday morning quarterback, it's pretty ironic that a state such as big as N. Dakota is beginning to have to place restrictions on it's population when in fact, as you put it, they are all spread out, generally speaking. 

The fact that Tucker and friends still bring up the nursing home issue in NY in March and April is pathetic.  NY made a lot of very quick moves with little or no guidance.  We were f-cked before we even knew it and we've done everything we could since to right the ship..  Does Cuomo deserve constructive criticism, absolutely, but the fact that many on the other side simply can't rationalize what NY actually went through so quickly in March and April is simply sad.

Part of the GOP playbook has and will be to demonize Democrats no matter how hypocrtical they sound.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

To everyone who has viewed these posts, whether or not you've voiced your support, thank you. Thank you for following along over the course of one of the longest, most difficult periods that the world

Posted Images

On 11/16/2020 at 1:52 PM, WxInTheHeights said:

And on into another week.

image.png.e3250b3870fa34fda0cdbc3eca8bbc88.png

image.png.9f9d7b73fcfac7ffd7f36582a9ba1907.png

Oy, Western New York, once again.

image.png.a2e0815b22f28f7a0f04ef7fdd3a9ceb.png

image.png.62d34af853534aab6d9e0ec4bb2fb4cb.png

So now MRNA is on the table. I think the timeline was for PFE to apply for their FDA EUA within the next week or so and MRNA to follow a couple weeks later, so hopefully that means two vaccines are ready to distribute before we exit this awful, no good year.

BDB announcing again this morning that schools remain open, but city messaging continues to discourage gathering for the holidays. No notable highlights beyond news already given, so feel free to simply watch. Starts around 21:40.

Tuesday...

image.png.896729623187b9d477a0e4d922fa64e6.png

45650886_Screenshot2020-11-17at3_55_40PM.png.aec320cbafb3802809a37cfbd6f86ef0.png

image.png.d2147664f818a666c7e1fd978aa66c59.png

image.png.cfc9a3319afa236f2fdd69b83390086c.png

Absolutely no good news here today, and Cuomo has gone back into hiding at this point. Until the vaccine, we're in for some of the darkest times we've probably ever seen.

Soooo, local officer in town has Covid, mild symptoms, and is out getting take out food from the local pizzeria.

Friend of my wife has it, and feels free to go to the supermarket.

What the &$*#*# people.  C'mon.

2 minutes ago, Rygar said:

Soooo, local officer in town has Covid, mild symptoms, and is out getting take out food from the local pizzeria.

It's a miracle civilization developed at all. 

19 minutes ago, Rygar said:

Yeah I mean I'm not for strict lockdowns, but if you're diagnosed with covid, stay the hell home!

Unless you're going to the dr or a hospital, we don't need that.

I  made the decision to call my Pop today and tell him my family (wife and three kids 11/8/6 ages) are not coming to Thanksgiving. There are 6 college kids coming home from 6 different colleges all over the nation.  Just not a good idea. He agreed and sent out a group test cancelling the gathering.    

4 hours ago, WxInTheHeights said:

Absolutely no good news here today, and Cuomo has gone back into hiding at this point. Until the vaccine, we're in for some of the darkest times we've probably ever seen.

This state better not let things get as bad as it has in the rest of the country. There's absolutely no excuse...the NYC area has been through it once and should know better. There won't be anyone coming to rescue the hospital system this time.

33 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

Going to be some very rough days ahead.

Remember we are much closer to the end of all this than the beginning.

Don’t forget to laugh when you can.

https://fb.watch/1QcyHsLykw/

at least until next time (next pandemic) but hopefully this pandemic taught the world valuable lessons so that we are ready as a civilization for the next one. We need to be ready, we might not be as lucky, the next one could be much deadlier and have a 20% IFR. And now it looks like we know that mRNA vaccines work so that is good news for making any future vaccine. 

16 minutes ago, Upstate25 said:

at least until next time (next pandemic) but hopefully this pandemic taught the world valuable lessons so that we are ready as a civilization for the next one. We need to be ready, we might not be as lucky, the next one could be much deadlier and have a 20% IFR. And now it looks like we know that mRNA vaccines work so that is good news for making any future vaccine. 

I have such mixed feelings on this.  On one hand, the speed and (seemingly) tremendously accurate vaccine in a truly almost too good to be true timeframe is a testament to what the human race can accomplish when our collective hand is forced.  Remarkable.

On the other hand how we politicized (both sides) our health is so freaking disturbing.

I hear you on the next one.  I like to think a more deadly virus would unite us, but i think in reality it is 60/40 or 50/50

I didn't leave my bedroom for 12 days and my wife still got it , probably caught it before I tested positive.

We didn't leave the house for 2 weeks unless I took a drive alone and didnt stop anywhere. 

Just to get out. 

Tomorrow is day 25 and the 1st day back to the office..

NJ would not let me test for a negative,  instead they said after 20 days I am no longer contagious..

So I waited an extra 5.

Haven't felt sick for 12 days now. 

People shopping while having covid are seriously insane. 

6 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

People shopping while having covid are seriously insane. 

Yep. Our county health dept said that contact tracing was revealing that people were going to work with symptoms consistent with covid, and brushing it off as "cold or allergy". So I'm sure they're out shopping too. But if they're out doing those things after testing positive, that's a whole other level.

• NJwxguy78 changed the title to COVID-19 Pandemic: ~56M Cases, ~1.3M Dead