Jump to content

COVID-19 Pandemic: ~56M Cases, ~1.3M Dead


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

To everyone who has viewed these posts, whether or not you've voiced your support, thank you. Thank you for following along over the course of one of the longest, most difficult periods that the world

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

Go.  Wear a mask when not eating.  

 

A mask doesn't prevent you from getting in, see the CDC data.

 

It prevents you from expelling larger VLs.

 

I think his concern is catching it and the way you do that is not to go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PB GFI said:

 

A mask doesn't prevent you from getting in, see the CDC data.

 

It prevents you from expelling larger VLs.

 

I think his concern is catching it and the way you do that is not go.

To each there own, one has to measure their risk and tolerance-we've eaten out several times, I have no problem with it.  Restaurants we've been to have been good about spacing, sanitizing etc.   We do not have any contact with high risk folks so that makes it an easier decision for us personally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brian5671 said:

To each there own, one has to measure their risk and tolerance-we've eaten out several times, I have no problem with it.  Restaurants we've been to have been good about spacing, sanitizing etc.   We do not have any contact with high risk folks so that makes it an easier decision for us personally.

 

Yeh i hear ya. I just haven't eaten inside and I still f in got it.

 

Stranger Danger doesn't apply. I got it from the 1 waiter whose hand I shook and sat in front of.

 

 

Who knew 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 4:06 PM, WxInTheHeights said:

Tuesday...

image.png.896729623187b9d477a0e4d922fa64e6.png

45650886_Screenshot2020-11-17at3_55_40PM.png.aec320cbafb3802809a37cfbd6f86ef0.png

image.png.d2147664f818a666c7e1fd978aa66c59.png

image.png.cfc9a3319afa236f2fdd69b83390086c.png

Absolutely no good news here today, and Cuomo has gone back into hiding at this point. Until the vaccine, we're in for some of the darkest times we've probably ever seen.

Well...Wednesday, I guess.

image.png.88fbe68578f25dbd7b3326e7236166c8.png

image.png.a9134b3330e70ac7fa0b29bf2579a1e9.png

WNY really ought to be a red zone by now...

image.png.d9b239464fdae48d42c6075fc5c88f52.png

image.png.436be9ff49c3e25bdae44b817dc76058.png

Some notes from Cuomo today...praised NY's current status as compared to the rest of the country, new Yellow Zones in QNS/BX, some Oranges in Erie County. Other zones, including BK, either downgraded to Yellow or removed altogether. Also said again that Thanksgiving gatherings should be avoided as best as can be done - already said he won't gather with his family this year. There was also an ugly argument with a WSJ reporter over schools - haven't seen the governor snap at a reporter like that. Stress is getting to all of us. PFE and MRNA, we're ready when you are.

607054278_Screenshot2020-11-18at3_33_22PM.png.577291de02c02c2a8588c7e1d342a84a.png

956007365_Screenshot2020-11-18at3_33_35PM.png.11fa8e1c416ff2cf43a198a326bd7ad2.png

281051618_Screenshot2020-11-18at3_33_46PM.png.ccc8910f874b7ca414f704256e4faf6e.png

1835710623_Screenshot2020-11-18at3_34_20PM.png.762e5f4353bfee2a48b68d5f81b4d358.png

865222651_Screenshot2020-11-18at3_34_39PM.png.8a41f48ea5b230fcaceb06b54dd9dfb9.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling we're just a few weeks behind everyone else. 

 

I hope that's not true since we generally follow the rules more here so maybe it won't get as bad but we're in for a hell of a climb I think. 

 

I can't believe we can still eat indoors in restaurants. 

 

Close the restaurants and pass a stimulus bill that helps these people FFS!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sundog said:

I have a feeling we're just a few weeks behind everyone else. 

 

I hope that's not true since we generally follow the rules more here so maybe it won't get as bad but we're in for a hell of a climb I think. 

 

I can't believe we can still eat indoors in restaurants. 

 

Close the restaurants and pass a stimulus bill that helps these people FFS!


I say 3-6 days, not weeks.

 

the reservoir is way too big right now. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PB GFI said:

 

Yeh i hear ya. I just haven't eaten inside and I still f in got it.

 

Stranger Danger doesn't apply. I got it from the 1 waiter whose hand I shook and sat in front of.

 

 

Who knew 

You were extraordinarily unlucky, but like all risks they're probabilistic, which is why we never crossed over the threshold on eating out, whether outdoors or indoors.  While your behaviors were probably "safer" than 80-90% of the population, not doing something is zero risk, which is just a little bit safer than doing something with a small risk. And I'm sure there are people who would tell me that even going out into stores to buy things or get takeout is riskier than having everything delivered - which is true.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

To each there own, one has to measure their risk and tolerance-we've eaten out several times, I have no problem with it.  Restaurants we've been to have been good about spacing, sanitizing etc.   We do not have any contact with high risk folks so that makes it an easier decision for us personally.

Same here

 

I have been eating out alot lately.  

 

The restaurants that I have been to were not crowded at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, NorEaster27 said:

How are you feeling Paul?

100%.

 

For me the 1st 10 days were A symptomatic and then I got a cough for 7 days, that is almost gone.

 

The cough can last for up to 14 days because of the inflammation.

 

It's like a reflux cough, dry and annoying. 

 

Wife had a 4 day fever then shrugged it off and my 6 year old got zero.

 

Lucky strain brother,  thank you for asking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ru848789 said:

You were extraordinarily unlucky, but like all risks they're probabilistic, which is why we never crossed over the threshold on eating out, whether outdoors or indoors.  While your behaviors were probably "safer" than 80-90% of the population, not doing something is zero risk, which is just a little bit safer than doing something with a small risk. And I'm sure there are people who would tell me that even going out into stores to buy things or get takeout is riskier than having everything delivered - which is true.  

 

You know I argued in here against long term 100% shutdowns but I always wore a mask and said no thanks to all in door events. 

 

I tried to work around it the best I could without locking down. 

But yeh, I was unlucky and even now ' I am not contagious and should be immune " , I'm still passing on the indoor stuff.

 

Thanksgiving and Christmas will be the 3 of us, I will make it up next year 

As far as this year, stay safe and stay the course. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Same here

 

I have been eating out alot lately.  

 

The restaurants that I have been to were not crowded at all.

 

All I can say is respect the virus 

 

Don't hide but don't play Russian roulette either. 

 

It's definitely your right, but good decisions will give you good results.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, some perspective. The one slide from Cuomo's presser got me thinking and I gathered all the regional data from the NYS website and came up with when regions reached peaks in cases, percent positive, hosp/ICU. While we are certainly worsening, I wanted to do this just so it's clear how far we've come and the much better shape we remain in. If some of these numbers were ever even near revisited, it'd be a disaster.

 

Note some regions have hit their peaks in cases recently - it of course should be noted how much testing has expanded. But definitely some ugliness has fallen before regions outside NYC and downstate as a whole.

 

image.png.3b62b172728038f53a859ce854754fb9.png

image.png.02abbb58f2be691ad139bc23d55d6882.png

image.png.19e99b6ab075d67611272e1ec5f621e5.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NJwxguy78 changed the title to COVID-19 Pandemic: ~56M Cases, ~1.3M Dead

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...