COVID-19 Pandemic: ~56M Cases, ~1.3M Dead

8 hours ago, ModRisk said:

Just throwing this out there.....

And once they open back up , they will spike again. 

Like H1N1, this is easily spread.

You will keep spiking until you push the vaxx out.

Targeted slowdowns and controlled hot spots. We can't mass close again.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

A reminder that I saw on Twitter this morning:       “The coronavirus doesn’t care if you’re tired of the coronavirus.”

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Sundog said:

Hopefully it will become mandatory that if you want to go to work or school you need to show proof of vaccination. 

At the the end of the day anti vaxxers are bad for the economy. 

Nah !

You don't mandate it, you need about 50% of cooperation and then slowly you will slow burn and there will not be anymore hosts to carry it.

I don't like mandating any form of drugs , you educate and watch over time if there are side effects and give people the opportunity to come around. 

You don't need 100% participation, 70% would be optimal but I think you can get 50% cooperation 

11 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

I've asked about 10 people and none of them said that they would want to get vaccinated.

I already got COVID, so I got vaccinated the hard way, but I really don't think the vaccines will make too much of a difference, as most won't take it. Would be some real sad shit, but that would be the American way.

My wife and I got over a really mild case and literally so did about 30 people we know and know of.

We all caught the same strain here in Monmouth County.

However a 4th friend 50 year old bodybuilder and retired cop who I said hello to and caught it the same night at the same restaurant that me and 2 of my boys caught it spent 10 days in the Hospital.

O2 went to 86, 104 fever, got Remdesivir for 5 days and then antibody plasma.

Home now, down 40lbs.

Docs at Riverview told him if he caught this in March he would be dead.

So, no messing around for me I will def get the vaxx in 6 months.

57 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Nah !

You don't mandate it, you need about 50% of cooperation and then slowly you will slow burn and there will not be anymore hosts to carry it.

I don't like mandating any form of drugs , you educate and watch over time if there are side effects and give people the opportunity to come around. 

You don't need 100% participation, 70% would be optimal but I think you can get 50% cooperation 

50% is doable.  Especially if the vaxx is 90% or more effective.

10 hours ago, ru848789 said:
So, since some politics is allowed, I will make one political post now, given that the GSA finally got the go ahead from the POTUS to start the formal transition of power to President-Elect Biden, meaning it's now officially over. I'll toot my own horn a little here, as I've been saying since before the election that Biden would get 300-350 electoral votes and that this one was never in doubt, even after the election with all the silly shenanigans by Trump's Counselor Clown Car, as it was clear and obvious there was no election fraud of consequence.

At the end of the day it wasn't even that close, with Biden winning by over 6 million votes and only two states (GA/AZ) were within 0.3% and these two wouldn't have changed the election outcome even if they went for Trump. Finally, we're rid of the worst President in the history of this country, IMO. Let's move on, as we have a pandemic and many other serious issues to deal with and we need the whole country pulling together, if that's possible - I'm hoping Biden and McConnell can actually work together somewhat to make this happen, as they have worked together before (although things are far more divided than they were).  

Tend to agree-I hope we can heal some-we are so divided.    I agree on the outcome, there was no way Trump was surviving COVID and his handling of it.   Too much to overcome for him.  No COVID he's a shoo in for a 2nd term.

2 hours ago, PB GFI said:

Nah !

They already mandate vaccinations for schools. This is just one more. 

Also private businesses can mandate health requirements. If they want their employees vaccinated as a requirement for employment they can do it. Sick, contagious people are VERY bad for business. 

27 minutes ago, Sundog said:

Also private businesses can mandate health requirements. If they want their employees vaccinated as a requirement for employment they can do it. Sick, contagious people are VERY bad for business. 

90% of all employees in this Country stem from small business.

You don't get a lot of traction there.

They probably will not listen. 

50% will help and that's what Fauci was hoping for.

The NYT has an article and i'm sure other publications as well discussing the mutation that made the virus more easily transmissible and harder to stop.

"The mutation, known as 614G, was first spotted in eastern China in January and then spread quickly throughout Europe and New York City. With months, the variant took over much of the world, displacing other variants."

If that is the case, then it's reasonable to assume that the virus had already spread pretty far across the globe in the fall of 2019. 

15 minutes ago, mcscrew said:

The NYT has an article and i'm sure other publications as well discussing the mutation that made the virus more easily transmissible and harder to stop.

"The mutation, known as 614G, was first spotted in eastern China in January and then spread quickly throughout Europe and New York City. With months, the variant took over much of the world, displacing other variants."

If that is the case, then it's reasonable to assume that the virus had already spread pretty far across the globe in the fall of 2019. 

yeah I read the article-would make sense why spread in the US was initially slow and then went much faster by early March....

3 hours ago, PB GFI said:

Nah !

Companies and independent school districts are allowed to mandate. 
It should not be a federal government mandate.

55 minutes ago, Sundog said:

This is basically what I just posted.  Private businesses and school districts have the discretion to do this.

We don't need any more power to the federal government.

8 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

yeah I read the article-would make sense why spread in the US was initially slow and then went much faster by early March....

There was an abnormally high number of pneumonia cases in NYC hospitals in the late fall of 2019.

21 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

There was an abnormally high number of pneumonia cases in NYC hospitals in the late fall of 2019.

The 1st confirmed cases in Italy go as far back as September 2019.

So it's possible this was here in the fall.

11 minutes ago, Jefflaw77 said:

How many vaccines did you get up until you were 12 years old?

Some of these people need to experience something like polio.

Vaccines are victims of their own success. 

These terrible diseases have been eradicated because of vaccines and so people who don't remember a time without them think we don't need them. 

1 hour ago, Analog96 said:

This is basically what I just posted.  Private businesses and school districts have the discretion to do this.

We don't need any more power to the federal government.

I understand your concern about government overreach, but it’s my understanding the mandates we already have are to protect those that can’t be vaccinated for one reason or another (maybe I’m wrong).  How would you recommend addressing that issue in the current situation without a mandate?  The people that can’t be vaccinated can only isolate themselves from others for so long.  I’m not being sarcastic, I just am having trouble trying to think of a solution.