COVID-19 Pandemic: ~56M Cases, ~1.3M Dead

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

To everyone who has viewed these posts, whether or not you've voiced your support, thank you. Thank you for following along over the course of one of the longest, most difficult periods that the world

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Snowman11 said:

Is it true only 9 percent of the bill is for covid ? If it is then the Dems and Republicans should be ashamed

2 democrats voted No on the bill

Come on man don't believe that nonsense.

It's money for state and local governments that got their budgets ffcked from lack of tax revenue.

It's stimulus checks.

It's expanded child tax credits.

It's vaccine distribution and testing money.

It's money for schools. 

It's extended unemployment benefits. 

It's rental assistance (which is good because landlords need money to pay property taxes.)

1 hour ago, Snowman11 said:

Is it true only 9 percent of the bill is for covid ? If it is then the Dems and Republicans should be ashamed

2 democrats voted No on the bill

the entire system is broken. 

voting against this is LITERALLY “defunding the police.”

4 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

the entire system is broken. 

voting against this is LITERALLY “defunding the police.”

What does this bill have to do with police?

1 minute ago, NJwxguy78 said:

tons of money for state and local governments that are running out of tax dollars

Maybe, maybe not.  It depends how it is directed.  Just writing a blank check for local government does not guarantee in any way how it will be spent.

2 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

Maybe, maybe not.  It depends how it is directed.  Just writing a blank check for local government does not guarantee in any way how it will be spent.

Indeed. It’s almost like people need to pay attention to local government to keep

pressure on their priorities!

but the pot needs to be there to draw from or mass layoffs will happen

21 hours ago, WxInTheHeights said:

At the end of the week:

897884751_Screenshot2021-02-26at16_34_31.png.2b171904385b6bea2d55003e44b2d417.png

1643849885_Screenshot2021-02-26at16_23_46.png.82682e660aa6e0ae7874ad062c8234cc.png

And I can't help but wonder if there really is something to that NYC variant as the city the only one to record an uptick in hospitalizations today...

As we await the FDA's word for Johnson & Johnson...

73339930_Screenshot2021-02-27at13_14_07.png.b35639853b056a02e44cd72d9a208d1f.png
1923032974_Screenshot2021-02-27at14_33_40.png.8419f18bec6d867055ff3013691fcda2.png

You can see where NYC/NYS getting two weeks' worth of shipments this week is driving up the pace of administration. NYS got in about 200,000 yesterday and the city has been 50-60,000 a day the past couple days.

Got my first shot today at Javitz Center. Pfizer vaccine. Incredibly well organized and run. Fast and orderly. Very impressed. 

13 minutes ago, Psv said:

Got my first shot today at Javitz Center. Pfizer vaccine. Incredibly well organized and run. Fast and orderly. Very impressed. 

Did you have to show them anything to substantiate your pre existing condition.  I was just curious if I had to bring anything specific.  I'm going to stony brook on March 21st.

2 minutes ago, Jefflaw77 said:

Did you have to show them anything to substantiate your pre existing condition.  I was just curious if I had to bring anything specific.  I'm going to stony brook on March 21st.

I have not heard of anyone in ny or nj requiring proof, as it’s a medical privacy nightmare to start doing that. I’ve made over 100 appointments 

Just now, NJwxguy78 said:

I have not heard of anyone in ny or nj requiring proof, as it’s a medical privacy nightmare to start doing that. I’ve made over 100 appointments 

There should be some requirement.  I mean, a bottle of medication or a doctor's note, even if the note does not implicitly describe the condition... 
I've heard too many instances of people cutting the line.

13 minutes ago, Jefflaw77 said:

the guy who reviewed my registration asked for my medical records actually...reviewed them pretty closely. I think because I’m young. For older people I’m sure it’s less stringent.

just to be safe I would bring something with you 

19 minutes ago, Jefflaw77 said:

They don’t look at anything except your ID and ticket when I got my 1st shot on 2/19 at Javits.  My sis in law just got vaccinated at Javits about 30 minutes ago and she’s healthy.  One of the attorneys at our office said her family members that went to Stony Brook & Jones Beach had to show proof.   

7 minutes ago, Psv said:

the guy who reviewed my registration asked for my medical records actually...reviewed them pretty closely. I think because I’m young. For older people I’m sure it’s less stringent.

Well I think being over 60 or so is already defined as a pre-existing condition.

7 minutes ago, Psv said:

I think a bottle of meds addressed in your name would suffice too.

I mean, I don't know what condition you have, but insulin or blood pressure medication with your name on it, or any type of cancer medication should do the trick.

If NYC was smart (they are the farthest from it) they would be keeping tabs on who is testing positive that has already received one or two doses of their vaccine. 

I want to know if the home grown NYC variant is keeping numbers up because the vaccine doesn't prevent them from feeling sick. 

56 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

In NJ, obesity is on the list. I guess people should bring a scale?

🤨 

I guess they can look at you and tell if you're fat.  But I don't think smoking should be considered a pre-existing condition, especially since it is a choice.