Jump to content

COVID-19 Pandemic: ~56M Cases, ~1.3M Dead


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:


No. My god. We got soooo lucky. 

Yeah, I mean it's always sad that people died.  But it would have been a much bigger tragedy if it affected young people more than old people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

To everyone who has viewed these posts, whether or not you've voiced your support, thank you. Thank you for following along over the course of one of the longest, most difficult periods that the world

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

I can see opening up, but why end the mask requirement, at least for indoors?

Unless they are not allowed to leave their states.

Let them stay in their own states and get each other sick.  And I totally agree with you about seat belts.

I don't understand how anyone can even get in a car and not where a seat belt, especially the front seat.

BUT if some guy near me on the highway is not wearing a seat belt, I am not going to be hurt any worse if I get in an accident with him.

The only thing that I like about seat belts is I don't really have any desire to see someone thrown from a car and die near me either.
That would be fairly horrific to watch.

 

I once saw a lady's head run over by a truck in a hit and run before the ambulance could get there and cover it up. It was smashed with brain everywhere. There was already someone there but couldn't cover it up. It was awful.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sundog said:

 

I once saw a lady's head run over by a truck in a hit and run before the ambulance could get there and cover it up. It was smashed with brain everywhere. There was already someone there but couldn't cover it up. It was awful.  

Yeah that's the kind of stuff I do NOT want to see.  At least if everyone wears seat belts, it diminishes chances of seeing things like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WxInTheHeights said:

One year in to this pandemic and you have learned absolutely nothing. FFS, Biden said today we would have enough supply by the end of May. We have the American Rescue Plan en route to help everyday Americans get through the rest of the way before critical vaxx mass.

 

We are stable at 70,000 cases per day and have sh*ttons of variants emerging. This is not the time to end restrictions unless you like 2-3,000 deaths per day. Keep letting the virus mutate too and you'll eventually get a strain that truly makes vaccines useless, thus it's right back to square one.

 

What TX, MS, and others are doing is pure insanity until at least 50% of the population is fully vaccinated. Really more like 60-70.

 

Educate yourself for once. Watch the WH Covid briefings instead of Fox News. You might learn something that's not a GOP talking point.

I'm very educated and I use to watch the briefings but its time to open things up.  A year passed and still the same.

47 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:


Open everything if you want to.

 

why the removal of the mask mandate?

 

It’s so stupid.  So stupid. 
 

you can’t be serious. I swear you are a bot. 

So we can have opposing view points without bashing the other side ? This is why people don't like liberals.  So triggered its sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snowman11 said:

So how long are we going to be with the restrictions and mask mandate ? Another year ? Another few years ?

Until enough people get vaccinated and we reach herd immunity. But lifting the mask mandate too soon will delay reaching herd immunity and cause more deaths 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Until enough people get vaccinated and we reach herd immunity. But lifting the mask mandate too soon will delay reaching herd immunity and cause more deaths 

Like I said in my previous  post , do you think at least 70 percent of the country will get the vaccine ? I know I will not and my family.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

So how long are we going to be with the restrictions and mask mandate ? Another year ? Another few years ?


wear a thin piece of fabric over my face so I don’t kill somebody’s grandma?

 

as long as it takes.

 

this is why you are selfish. It’s all about you and your wants.

 

sad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowman11 said:

Like I said in my previous  post , do you think at least 70 percent of the country will get the vaccine ? I know I will not and my family.

Hopefully but there are alot of selfish people out there

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:


wear a thin piece of fabric over my face so I don’t kill somebody’s grandma?

 

as long as it takes.

 

this is why you are selfish. It’s all about you and your wants.

 

sad.

Okay so how long will that be ? Will 1400 a month be enough for people to live on ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Hopefully but there are alot of selfish people out there

How are they selfish ? They have a right to choose a  if they want a vaccine or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snowman11 said:

Okay so how long will that be ? Will 1400 a month be enough for people to live on ? 

If everyone got vaccinated things would be back to normal by the fall. Otherwise who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snowman11 said:

Relax there

 

So when you want to open things up ? 2030? Business owners are getting pissed and want to open. Just wear a mask and open up everything. 

 

God bless Texas , Iowa and Mississippi. 

Fine to open up, but keep the mask mandate for awhile...Texas is ending it.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Snowman11 said:

How are they selfish ? They have a right to choose a  if they want a vaccine or not.

Vaccinations are not just for you. They will help bring the pandemic to an end but I guess you don't want that

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

So how long are we going to be with the restrictions and mask mandate ? Another year ? Another few years ?

we're probably looking at 6 months for indoors IMO.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

Yeah, I mean it's always sad that people died.  But it would have been a much bigger tragedy if it affected young people more than old people.

We would have seen a breakdown of society has this been a killer of young people.  We came close for a couple weeks in March 2020 with people stripping grocery stores clean and gun shops clean....

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

 

So we can't have opposing view points without bashing the other side ? This is why people don't like liberals.  So triggered its sad.

 

Eh both "teams" cry and whine constantly. As far as I'm concerned you're all nuts lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

Like I said in my previous  post , do you think at least 70 percent of the country will get the vaccine ? I know I will not and my family.

 

I'm sorry to tell you but that means you're part of the problem.

 

You can't complain about masks and sh-t being closed and then say you're not getting the vaccine. Sorry bud you can't have it both ways. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...