Jump to content

COVID-19 Pandemic: ~56M Cases, ~1.3M Dead


Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Sundog said:

 

This isn't an opinion. There's zero valid reasons for not getting the vaccine, ESPECIALLY after 100 million plus doses have been doled out since December and if something goes wrong it usually appears in the first few weeks. 

 

I also find it rich that people say they won't take the vaccine because they don't trust it but will then proceed to eat a bunch of artificial processed sh-t that causes all kinds of proven damage to your body over time. 

 

Bro when ag3 is getting the vaccine that's all you need to know about its safety lol 

 

And if you want things to go back to normal, you're going to have to pitch in as a member of society and get your vaccine. This won't work if people say no thanks. 

 

 

I do think that some of the people who are hesitant will come on board as they see there's no big issues and also see that NOT having it may prevent entry into certain events...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

A reminder that I saw on Twitter this morning:       “The coronavirus doesn’t care if you’re tired of the coronavirus.”

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Snowman11 said:

There are alot of people who do not want the vaccine

 

That doesn't make them an idiot

 

 How does that make them an idiot ?


:best:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snowman11 said:

There are alot of people who do not want the vaccine

 

That doesn't make them an idiot

 

 How does that make them an idiot ?

 

Because if you can't see how incredibly beneficial the vaccines are for anyone over 18 and especially anyone over 30, relative to the negligible risks, then, frankly, you're an idiot.  There's no other way to put it.  Read my post below - I mean truly read it.  Even if the death rate for vaccination were 1 in 1MM (it's not, there have been no reported deaths, but one has to pick a number for comparison), people 18-29 would be at least 100X more likely to die from COVID than the vaccine and people 50-64 would be about at least 3500X more likely to die from COVID (and in both cases, there's also the 3-4X even greater risk of being hospitalized with a debilitating infection).  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Residents of NYC can now sign up for overnight appointments for the J&J vaccine at the Javits Center or Yankee Stadium (Bronx residents only).

 

Javits has thousands of slots.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WxInTheHeights said:

Residents of NYC can now sign up for overnight appointments for the J&J vaccine at the Javits Center or Yankee Stadium (Bronx residents only).

 

Javits has thousands of slots.

 

Lol on Cocktails.  Good to see vaxx sites expanding everywhere.   I think there will be open season for shots in another month (meaning anyone who wants one can get one)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Lol on Cocktails.  Good to see vaxx sites expanding everywhere.   I think there will be open season for shots in another month (meaning anyone who wants one can get one)

Agree - I see open season by the end of March for many...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ru848789 said:

Agree - I see open season by the end of March for many...

even better.   I think that's why CT canceled their plan to have folks with pre-existing conditions get a shot starting 3/1 and simply went age based.   If it's open season by end of March they will only be delayed 3-4 weeks and the age based system is easier to manage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WxInTheHeights said:

Residents of NYC can now sign up for overnight appointments for the J&J vaccine at the Javits Center or Yankee Stadium (Bronx residents only).

 

Javits has thousands of slots.

 

 

There are none left. I'll check again later. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

 

Not sure how mainstream media will handle this report, obesity with its obvious associations with disease and mortality is almost celebrated. I read last year that even doctors don't feel comfortable telling their overweight patients to lose weight anymore. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sundog said:

 

Not sure how mainstream media will handle this report, obesity with its obvious associations with disease and mortality is almost celebrated. I read last year that even doctors don't feel comfortable telling their overweight patients to lose weight anymore. 

Could it be that a lot of the doctors are also fat? It's kind of hard for a 300 pound person to tell a 250 pound person to lose weight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sundog said:

 

Not sure how mainstream media will handle this report, obesity with its obvious associations with disease and mortality is almost celebrated. I read last year that even doctors don't feel comfortable telling their overweight patients to lose weight anymore. 

 

Remember when Michelle Obama got skewered by the right wing for pushing a campaign for people to drink more water because it helped people lose weight?

 

Its not just the "main stream media" pal. 

 

https://time.com/3020500/michelle-obamas-soda-water-health-junk-food/

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Psv said:

 

Remember when Michelle Obama got skewered by the right wing for pushing a campaign for people to drink more water because it helped people lose weight?

 

Its not just the "main stream media" pal. 

 

https://time.com/3020500/michelle-obamas-soda-water-health-junk-food/

I think it was more Michelle Obama criticizing people for their diets than anything else.

I mean we all, as reasonably educated people, have an idea what a good diet is.  But we should be able to eat bad food once in a while without judgement.

I don't know anyone who never eats unhealthy food.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Psv said:

 

Remember when Michelle Obama got skewered by the right wing for pushing a campaign for people to drink more water because it helped people lose weight?

 

Its not just the "main stream media" pal. 

 

https://time.com/3020500/michelle-obamas-soda-water-health-junk-food/

 

She got skewered not because she criticized obesity, but because they were acting like she was infringing on their right to eat garbage whenever they felt like it (she obviously wasn't.)

 

So your example isn't analogous. 

 

You also didn't technically refute what I said so I'm glad we agree haha

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2021 at 3:52 PM, WxInTheHeights said:

50911507_Screenshot2021-03-03at14_31_13.png.706f18c744a3399571cdfcf3f2d1bc78.png

1014027474_Screenshot2021-03-03at15_40_52.png.3cbe4a2c58a2f92a8232f4584e931dd8.png

Updates today on multiple fronts:

 

NYC - Total vaccinations well on pace to make 5 million total vaccinated as June comes around. CUNY Medical students being added to the vaccination efforts.

 

NYS - Increases on gathering sizes for social and residential settings, along with entertainment venues. New vaccine/test passports coming; see tweets.

 

White House - Dr. Fauci spoke about the variants in today's briefings, with more research showing that at least the two-dose vaccines leave enough of a cushion that even some of the worst case variants wouldn't render said vaccines obsolete. Watching continues of Brazil, CA, NY variants. CDC Director Walensky warns that variants and Covid fatigue/releasing restrictions are primed to undo nationwide progress; signs may already be emerging.

1937665229_Screenshot2021-03-03at13_46_02.png.1ded2bcb60ca05b5cc4993056774b25f.png

2113618446_Screenshot2021-03-03at13_45_48.png.8c806e4b6792aa5245f9d62e1e2cd0f5.png

752924890_Screenshot2021-03-03at15_51_35.png.7f778974f9b4cf3b4c78907b4cff5ccf.png

2033612183_Screenshot2021-03-03at15_50_26.png.69aa2b0cb49c49862eaefac0ca7e5e06.png

Thursday...

1526514223_Screenshot2021-03-04at16_34_03.png.4a10c6303a9ae096fc5894c26788c34e.png

826751924_Screenshot2021-03-04at16_14_13.png.c07c41aa4e16824c3b4c4da4a227023c.png

NYC plans to take the J&J vaccine out to homebound seniors, a project that apparently has also been undertaken in other cities. Two heavy senior neighborhoods are being targeted as a start, more to follow one would assume.

1471220674_Screenshot2021-03-04at10_20_06.png.23af783b37a37b0c9201da4495a6a18e.png

1111680759_Screenshot2021-03-04at10_20_19.png.e96caff96e4ebe910a29692308a7321b.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, WxInTheHeights said:

Thursday...

1526514223_Screenshot2021-03-04at16_34_03.png.4a10c6303a9ae096fc5894c26788c34e.png

826751924_Screenshot2021-03-04at16_14_13.png.c07c41aa4e16824c3b4c4da4a227023c.png

NYC plans to take the J&J vaccine out to homebound seniors, a project that apparently has also been undertaken in other cities. Two heavy senior neighborhoods are being targeted as a start, more to follow one would assume.

1471220674_Screenshot2021-03-04at10_20_06.png.23af783b37a37b0c9201da4495a6a18e.png

1111680759_Screenshot2021-03-04at10_20_19.png.e96caff96e4ebe910a29692308a7321b.png


those drops in numbers on a Thursday are beautiful 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:


those drops in numbers on a Thursday are beautiful 

The transmission rate is now over 1 in NJ again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...