1 hour ago, Snowman11 said:

New incentive

“if everyone gets a vaccine I’ll resign immediately “ would probably work better :) 

28 minutes ago, WxInTheHeights said:

I've changed my mind - I think the CDC has moved way too soon and if the Yankees situation has taught us anything, it's that you can still be infected and you can still spread the virus even with the vaccine.

Data collection will continue for the foreseeable future. Keep masking up folks.

I always respect your views and opinion of course.

The guidance is only as good as the people that follow it. Outside of the urban bubbles, there’s very little mask compliance. 

I think the fence-sitters may realize they need to get vaxxed or they’re going to get sick and/or dead.  There are many anti-vaxxer anti masker folks that sat by screaming and yet felt safe .....but they suddenly realize the “sheeple” aren’t going to protect them anymore.

Anecdotal but I’ve had two reach out in the past 12 hours to find out “how bad” the vaccine was.

I don’t really wear a mask unless indoors around vulnerable people, but I understand the concern. Imagine we’ll see another spike among the unvaxxed.

re: the politics of it... isn’t it a helluva way to run a political campaign? Convince your own voters to sacrifice themselves will lead to......fewer of your own voters. It’s a death cult.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To everyone who has viewed these posts, whether or not you've voiced your support, thank you. Thank you for following along over the course of one of the longest, most difficult periods that the world

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, WxInTheHeights said:

I've changed my mind - I think the CDC has moved way too soon and if the Yankees situation has taught us anything, it's that you can still be infected and you can still spread the virus even with the vaccine.

Data collection will continue for the foreseeable future. Keep masking up folks.

I agree with spreading the virus in and of itself, but as far as I know, none of the staff or players are exhibiting any symptoms, which is great. Personally, I don’t have much sympathy for someone that chose not to get vaccinated becoming symptomatic. 

The main thing I fear is cases rising without hospitalizations/deaths rising and more restrictions being put in place. Would be ass-backwards.

It's interesting how much lower we are in NJ. I wonder if its just the combination of high case numbers and vaccinations. It seems too soon for herd immunity and we did drop quickly last spring as well after the first wave

Screenshot_20210514-124750_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, WxInTheHeights said:

however would we have known if those 7-8 players had COVID if they weren't testing weekly?   That's probably happening in the general population but if you have no symptoms you'll never know you have it...so the vaccines are doing their jobs-turning those cases into non events....

5 hours ago, WxInTheHeights said:

But no one should be getting the virus again with a vaccine. Connecticut is lifting the indoor mask mandate.

6 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

But no one should be getting the virus again with a vaccine. Connecticut is lifting the indoor mask mandate.

Vaccines aren't 100% effective against infection but they are like 99.99% effective against hospitalization and death

19 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Vaccines aren't 100% effective against infection but they are like 99.99% effective against hospitalization and death

They should be 100 percent against the virus. This is the reason why many people aren't going to take them. 

5 minutes ago, Snowman11 said:

They should be 100 percent against the virus. This is the reason why many people aren't going to take them. 

they are like 95% which is incredible for a vaxx

On 5/14/2021 at 3:14 PM, Snowman11 said:

That’s impossible 

2 hours ago, Analog96 said:

Not really. The polio vaccine is pretty much 100%, for example

Exactly

This is why many people are hesitant  for getting the vaccine. 

I dont think you guys realize how incredibly f***in fortunate we are to have 2 vaccines that are 95% effective. Otherwise we'd be in lockdown again right now and dealing with covid outbreaks for years to come with millions of dead Americans 

31 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I dont think you guys realize how incredibly f***in fortunate we are to have 2 vaccines that are 95% effective. Otherwise we'd be in lockdown again right now and dealing with covid outbreaks for years to come with millions of dead Americans 

Some people aren't. 

I want to go out and enjoy life again. That's why I got the vaccine.

On 5/15/2021 at 6:19 PM, Analog96 said:

Not really. The polio vaccine is pretty much 100%, for example

Dude. 95% is incredible for a vaccine. 

10 hours ago, Psv said:

Dude. 95% is incredible for a vaccine. 

We really lucked out when it comes to getting a vaxx that quick and that effective.   Otherwise like it was mentioned above it would take years to get out of this....Still need to get more people off the fence and get shots that's the biggest challenge going forward.   We got our 12 yr olds done last Thursday night.   Not much reaction other than sore arms.   

• 33andrain changed the title to COVID-19 Pandemic
  • NJwxguy78 locked and unpinned this topic
  • NJwxguy78 unlocked and pinned this topic