For anyone out there concerned about the risk/benefit of SARS-CoV-2 vaccinations in pregnant women, read the Twitter thread linked below. The summary graphic makes it stunningly clear how dangerous COVID infection is in unvaccinated people and also makes it clear that there have been no side effects of consequence from the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna) or the two adenovirus vaccines (J&J/AZ) studied in pregnant women, which completely debunks the misinformation out there about the vaccines being linked to miscarriages and such.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To everyone who has viewed these posts, whether or not you've voiced your support, thank you. Thank you for following along over the course of one of the longest, most difficult periods that the world

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

Posted Images

First day of school here in Jefferson, NJ - 4 positives to report.  Long fall and winter ahead unless the spread accelerates crazily and we all get it by Nov.

55 minutes ago, Rygar said:

First day of school here in Jefferson, NJ - 4 positives to report.  Long fall and winter ahead unless the spread accelerates crazily and we all get it by Nov.

I’ll go with option 2. 

saw a couple updates articles regarding Novavax I thought I would share:

Looks like Novavax may be getting ready to apply for full approval,

https://www.wdef.com/novavax-vaccine-getting-ready-to-apply-for-full-approval/

and Japan has reportedly secured 150m doses (according to this article)

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/09/07/national/japan-secures-150-million-novavax/

Lastly, looks like Novavax has begun trials to combine covid-19 with flu vaccine

https://ir.novavax.com/2021-09-08-Novavax-Initiates-Phase-1-2-Clinical-Trial-of-Combination-Vaccine-for-COVID-19-and-Seasonal-Influenza

14 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

I have to upload my vaccine card to my work portal by September 13. If not then I will have to get weekly testing . If not that then I will be suspended.

I had to upload my vaccine card and still get tested weekly. NBD

7 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

Really ?

yep. if no vaccination then you need to mask up at work. this was prior to the re-masking w/ Delta. 
and weekly testing to see how the office was doing with cases

and any positives resulted in contact tracing of any individuals they came in contact with to let that person know.

9 hours ago, mRanger48 said:

saw a couple updates articles regarding Novavax I thought I would share:

Looks like Novavax may be getting ready to apply for full approval,

https://www.wdef.com/novavax-vaccine-getting-ready-to-apply-for-full-approval/

and Japan has reportedly secured 150m doses (according to this article)

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/09/07/national/japan-secures-150-million-novavax/

Lastly, looks like Novavax has begun trials to combine covid-19 with flu vaccine

https://ir.novavax.com/2021-09-08-Novavax-Initiates-Phase-1-2-Clinical-Trial-of-Combination-Vaccine-for-COVID-19-and-Seasonal-Influenza

Covid/flu combo shot would be easy.

We have stopped taking most precautions since being vaxxed in the spring, with the exception of skipping large indoor crowds. It’s really not much different than how we normally live. I don’t like large crowds.

Interesting that we have more COVID cases among friends & acquaintances in the past 7 days than at any other time during the pandemic. We’ve stopped calculating our own exposures because they are limitless and I like the shred of sanity I hold onto.

Hope y’all are ok!

32 minutes ago, Rygar said:

My aunt, lives in aruba, been in an induced coma for about 2 weeks now.  Not vaccinated :(

It's sad how much this affects the unvaccinated, but also perplexing why people won't get vaccinated knowing that.

The more data that comes out, the more better I'm feeling about having gotten Moderna's vaccine.

I'm basically back to living life as I had before. I went to a couple of bars to watch Penn State's and the Eagles' respective openers. The PSU bar was checking for vaxx and ID while the Eagles bar wasn't - apparently they'll start today since NYC is beginning enforcement. I'm also planning to go out to State College for a game.

Honestly I'm rearing to move as long as I feel fine. I'm still wearing my mask in most indoor environments though.

1 minute ago, WxInTheHeights said:

The more data that comes out, the more better I'm feeling about having gotten Moderna's vaccine.

I'm basically back to living life as I had before. I went to a couple of bars to watch Penn State's and the Eagles' respective openers. The PSU bar was checking for vaxx and ID while the Eagles bar wasn't - apparently they'll start today since NYC is beginning enforcement. I'm also planning to go out to State College for a game.

Honestly I'm rearing to move as long as I feel fine. I'm still wearing my mask in most indoor environments though.

I haven't worn a mask indoors since I was officially fully vaccinated.  

My reasoning is I don't feel a major risk, since even if I get COVID at this point, it probably won't be much more than a common cold.

Also, I don't feel the need to protect people who are not vaccinated.

If you are not vaccinated now, it is a choice.  They do not charge.  They are available anywhere, and they don't even check ID in most places.

2 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

Saw Covid trucks outside of a few schools this morning going to work

what is a Covid truck?

2 hours ago, Rygar said:

My aunt, lives in aruba, been in an induced coma for about 2 weeks now.  Not vaccinated :(

Sorry to hear :(  similar story with my family in the southeast. We’ve lost so many.

2 hours ago, Analog96 said:

My reasoning is I don't feel a major risk, since even if I get COVID at this point, it probably won't be much more than a common cold.

If you are not vaccinated now, it is a choice.  They do not charge.  They are available anywhere, and they don't even check ID in most places.

57 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

what is a Covid truck?

Sorry to hear :(  similar story with my family in the southeast. We’ve lost so many.

Covid testing truck

2 hours ago, Analog96 said:

Same here

I don't wear a mask indoor unless I have to