• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To everyone who has viewed these posts, whether or not you've voiced your support, thank you. Thank you for following along over the course of one of the longest, most difficult periods that the world

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

Posted Images

Excellent article in the Atlantic by the Director of Emergency Medicine at NY Presbyterian/Columbia Medical Center on the fact that while vaccinated people can obviously still become infected and potentially transmit the virus that causes COVID, the likelihood of those events is far lower than in unvaccinated people. There has been confusing public health communications on this leaving some wondering if vaccinated people are just as likely to get and transmit the virus as unvaccinated people and the answer is clearly no, as the article explains, including links to relevant primary research on this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/09/the-vaccinated-arent-just-as-likely-to-spread-covid/620161/

The CDC published two recent studies showing that masking in schools significantly reduces COVID outbreaks among children and staff vs. schools with no masking requirements (the article below summarizes the research nicely and contains links to the primary CDC studies). It doesn't eliminate risks of outbreaks, however, since, as I've said countless times since March of 2020, masks work to stop/slow transmission of the coronavirus, but are not perfect at doing so, given the varying quality of masks used, imperfections in mask wearing technique and inconsistency in use of masks in populations at risk.

But it's still far better to provide a significant reduction in risk of transmission among schoolchildren, most of whom are still ineligible for vaccination, than to not do so, which is why I've never understood the intransigence of the anti-masking crowd. Hopefully, we'll have vaccines approved for all children of school age shortly (2-3 weeks), so we can further reduce transmissions and eventually do away with the need for masks in schools and elsewhere once enough children are vaccinated.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/24/health/school-masking-covid-outbreak/index.html

This also goes for School Safety agents in schools. These people rather lose their jobs instead of taking the vaccine.

They have to take the vaccine by next week. With my job , it's either vaccine or weekly testing. 

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftrib.al%2Flzz3mdh&h=AT2aHkKuKBWxVs_Fyc3U48IEdCsU4yPfYGoxO7p-iTe2iqpcYQBGBNvDnGys5bTm6qPujOOSQGOopCKIYokDfn9mo7Zo4bL3sbLUzn55rwP6wUffIGkBKnqx7GWyd7TdbDfkBcA2diOOwAGLJqrH

Screenshot_20210925-091832_Facebook.jpg

5 minutes ago, WxInTheHeights said:

I'm done with this f***ing country. Only in this stupid a** country do we cater more to MUH FREEDUM than public health. Done.

I knew this was going to happen. Too many people not cooperating.

On 9/25/2021 at 6:40 PM, WxInTheHeights said:

I'm done with this f***ing country. Only in this stupid a** country do we cater more to MUH FREEDUM than public health. Done.

Yeah I have to admit I am tempted to extend my stay in Germany to a year and get an internship/work visa. Then again, I have not yet given up on our country.

One judge does something dumb and it will be reinstated on Wednesday. No worries. 

Germany is 68% vaccinated with one shot and3 is 65%. 3% difference is not a reason to extend your stay in Germany lol

Everything is so partisan it blinds us from facts. 

75% of eligible people in the3 have gotten at least one dose. Reading comments sometimes you would think we have barely cracked 50% because of course everything needs to be seen through a political lens. 

4 hours ago, Sundog said:

One judge does something dumb and it will be reinstated on Wednesday. No worries. 

Germany is 68% vaccinated with one shot and3 is 65%. 3% difference is not a reason to extend your stay in Germany lol

Everything is so partisan it blinds us from facts. 

75% of eligible people in the3 have gotten at least one dose. Reading comments sometimes you would think we have barely cracked 50% because of course everything needs to be seen through a political lens. 

everything is, in fact, political. 

4 hours ago, NJwxguy78 said:

everything is, in fact, political. 

Nope, sorry, I don't live in such a world.

That's something I've only started hearing in the last few years and I completely disagree with it. 

8 hours ago, Sundog said:

That's something I've only started hearing in the last few years and I completely disagree with it. 

You are free to agree or disagree with whatever you like. 

Most people have the job they are in because someone’s mother’s brother knew them and passed along their name. That’s politics.

Many people participate in organized religion. Here in the US, that basket of dough every week supports political activities.

Major companies donate to various candidates…as consumers, we indirectly fund this stuff. That’s politics.

You don’t have to think it’s all political in order for it to all be political. You can certainly ignore it though.

The top watched “news” network in the country politicizes everything. Every single thing. (They all do, but they aren’t all top-watched!)

Here…

Tucker from today:

“Self-identified Christians went down in number during the Obama administration.”

It’s comical how the more likely scenario is dropped in order to keep it political.  “Self-identified Christians went down in number due to pedophilia being funded by organized religion?”

It is all viewed, produced, and consumed through a political lens. 

015663C6-5FA9-4961-A4BA-78D2DBB22674.jpeg

9 hours ago, Sundog said:

You can absolutely disagree, i think it sucks too.  But you do live in a political world wether you want to or not unfortunately.  Probably why i like hiking so much.

41 minutes ago, Rygar said:

You can absolutely disagree, i think it sucks too.  But you do live in a political world wether you want to or not unfortunately.  Probably why i like hiking so much.

That’s funny. It’s specifically why our house backs up to a hiking trail. 

1. hike

2. chop firewood

3. Tune into the world when I feel like it

:) 

A few teachers were protesting outside of a school where my mom is a crossing guard. There is a flyer going around that every school might have a protest after school today.

Tomorrow is the deadline for teachers and staff to get at least one dose. 

4 hours ago, Snowman11 said:

A few teachers were protesting outside of a school where my mom is a crossing guard. There is a flyer going around that every school might have a protest after school today.

Tomorrow is the deadline for teachers and staff to get at least one dose. 

I think this is such a small, very small minority of people resisting the vaccine.

United Airlines is now reporting 320 of their ~67,000 workforce not meeting the vaccination requirement, down from 593 on Tuesday.

The Department of Defense said that the number of employees and service members with at least one dose is at 95%.