12 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

What would you have done differently if you were in charge?

I don’t know what I don’t know. The things that led us to this place of idiocity are not even directly related to Covid.

It is what it is - you cannot suddenly improve confidence in science and Democratic institutions after decades of lies and misinformation warfare.

I wish we had rolled out the vaccine that we developed with warp speed more efficiently and to more people at home & globally. That was our shot.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To everyone who has viewed these posts, whether or not you've voiced your support, thank you. Thank you for following along over the course of one of the longest, most difficult periods that the world

And on the other side of the coin, NYCDOH officials reporting zero C19 deaths for 11 July. Preliminary and subject to change, but this is the most significant milestone yet.

God it’s been a crazy 9 months but today was a bittersweet day where it becomes that much more clear how close to the end we are 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

I don’t know what I don’t know. The things that led us to this place of idiocity are not even directly related to Covid.

It is what it is - you cannot suddenly improve confidence in science and Democratic institutions after decades of lies and misinformation warfare.

I wish we had rolled out the vaccine that we developed with warp speed more efficiently and to more people at home & globally. That was our shot.

I personally think we got the vaccine out pretty damn fast.

1 minute ago, Analog96 said:

I personally think we got the vaccine out pretty damn fast.

we definitely got it out fast, and everyone involved in that from the scientists to the president should be proud of that. The weeks of delays in the rest of the chain were painful.

Regardless - I’m just saying I’m not taking any further precautions against a constantly changing virus that spreads easily. It’s too mentally and financially costly to me personally and the rest of the world doesn’t give a damn. 

6 minutes ago, NJwxguy78 said:

we definitely got it out fast, and everyone involved in that from the scientists to the president should be proud of that. The weeks of delays in the rest of the chain were painful.

Regardless - I’m just saying I’m not taking any further precautions against a constantly changing virus that spreads easily. It’s too mentally and financially costly to me personally and the rest of the world doesn’t give a damn. 

Yeah and what can we do now? More lockdowns? For one thing, they didn't stop the spread all that well, and for another thing, the economy cannot afford that at all now.

3 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

Yeah and what can we do now? More lockdowns? For one thing, they didn't stop the spread all that well, and for another thing, the economy cannot afford that at all now.

no, there’s nothing effective to be done now. I’m not sure why you are asking me though. I’m clearly saying I’m not taking any further measures. 🤷‍♂️.  

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Let's hope the reports are correct that omicron results in mild infections. It's probably too early to definitively know however 

I thought that can/is normally the result in mutations to viruses to make them more infectious. Generally the more infectious viruses are also less deadly/less severe. So the virus has the ability to infect as many people as possible, "becoming more transmissible and less lethal are what is best for any pathogen"

20 minutes ago, Upstate25 said:

I thought that can/is normally the result in mutations to viruses to make them more infectious. Generally the more infectious viruses are also less deadly/less severe. So the virus has the ability to infect as many people as possible, "becoming more transmissible and less lethal are what is best for any pathogen"

According to multiple publications, including a comprehensive report from England’s public health, this could possibly happen over the long term… > 4 years. However, very few predictions seem to be accurate. 🤷‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, Analog96 said:

Not happening IMO unless this thing is crazy deadly or evades vaccines entirely or something wild.   That made sense up front but lockdowns would not accomplish much-no one is listening to that anymore...