Current Observations: Met Winter 20-21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning all from Starkville, MS! Yep, Mississippi that is, where i’m at currently finishing up my degree, and already my semester begins today, although classes have already been cancelled! Crazy

Always reppin   

Posted Images

Morning thoughts...

Today will be partly to mostly cloudy. Rain will likely develop. Temperatures will likely reach the upper 40s and lower 50s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 50°

Newark: 52°

Philadelphia: 51°

The storm will likely bring accumulating snow to parts of New England, but will be a “near miss” for most of the Middle Atlantic region into southern New England. Providence will likely see 1”-3” snow and Boston will pick up 3”-6”.  From Philadelphia to New York City, a general 0.50”-1.50” rainfall is likely with lower amounts north and west of that line.

Morning thoughts...

Today will be rainy and cool. Temperatures will likely top out in the lower and middle 40s this morning or early this afternoon in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 45°

Newark: 45°

Philadelphia: 46°

The storm will likely bring accumulating snow to parts of New England, but will be a “near miss” for most of the Middle Atlantic region into southern New England. 

Final Snowfall Estimates:

Boston: 3”-6”

Caribou: 8”-14”

Concord: 6”-12”

Hartford: 2”-4”

Portland: 4”-8”

Providence: 2”-4”

Worcester: 7”-14”

In the wake of today’s storm, a period of colder weather will follow.

2.06 inches so far up here in Cranston, RI. 3.65 the last storm. Wind roaring outside right now. Temp sitting at 35 degrees. My daughter works in Westborough Ma. about 5 miles east of Worcester. Had an inch in the parking lot at 1 and the roads were covered. 

14 minutes ago, Vinny Findley said:

2.06 inches so far up here in Cranston, RI. 3.65 the last storm. Wind roaring outside right now. Temp sitting at 35 degrees. My daughter works in Westborough Ma. about 5 miles east of Worcester. Had an inch in the parking lot at 1 and the roads were covered. 

It's no wonder Norman Rockwell favored New England for his winter paintings...

Morning thoughts...

At 7:45 AM, Richmond reported a temperature of 32 degrees with light snow. South and east of Richmond, moderate snow was falling. This system will pass too far offshore to affect the New York City and Philadelphia areas.

Today will be partly sunny, breezy and cool. Temperatures will likely top out in the upper 30s and lower 40s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 39°

Newark: 42°

Philadelphia: 42°

Cool temperatures should persist through the middle of the week.

• 33andrain changed the title to [Light Snow Event 12/20] Current Observations: Met Winter 20-21
  • NJwxguy78 changed the title to Current Observations: Met Winter 20-21
  • 33andrain unpinned this topic
  • 33andrain pinned this topic