Current Observations: Met Winter 20-21

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning all from Starkville, MS! Yep, Mississippi that is, where i’m at currently finishing up my degree, and already my semester begins today, although classes have already been cancelled! Crazy

Always reppin   

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

Is every radar in the northeast really down?

Greg, where are you seeing that?  Just checked radarscope app with data feed from Allisonhouse, OKX clear air mode is working and up to date.  Same for other radars around the area.

1 minute ago, uofmiami said:

Greg, where are you seeing that?  Just checked radarscope app with data feed from Allisonhouse, OKX clear air mode is working and up to date.  Same for other radars around the area.

From the radar that is linked on this page.  I can't get a single radar to work.

2 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

From the radar that is linked on this page.  I can't get a single radar to work.

Doesn't work for me either, must be an accuwx issue it seems.

It’s been so nice outside today. Felt great!! 

see what happens when winter delivers snow during the winter months. We then look forward to warmer weather 

My front yard sits in the shade for much of the day, besides the morning. Definitely took a beating today, especially across the street 

0EDEA786-D7AE-4CB4-8D30-30AF60BDEDBF.jpeg

Just now, MJOP8 said:

My front yard sits in the shade for much of the day, besides the morning. Definitely took a beating today, especially across the street 

0EDEA786-D7AE-4CB4-8D30-30AF60BDEDBF.jpeg

This is what it looked like this past Monday.

0B9C04F7-9C9F-4081-B1E8-BEE29EEF6C2C.png

Made it to 58 degrees today, down to 48 degrees now. Snow is gone here except for snow piles in parking lots and land that is in shade all day. Forests have that patchy snow cover look to them, patches of 1-2 inches interspersed with leaves/bare ground. Wonder if tonight will be a good night for radiational cooling. Sky looks clear enough for it, just some clouds at the horizon. 

3 hours ago, Intensewind001 said:

I was definitely in one of the cooler spots, High was only 49F

51 here. Sea breeze kept us cooler 

Morning thoughts...

Following yesterday’s spring preview and a predawn high temperature of 50° in Central Park, today will be partly  to mostly sunny and cooler. Temperatures will likely top out mainly in the middle 40s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 46°

Newark: 46°

Philadelphia: 47°

Tomorrow will be mostly sunny with temperatures again reaching the middle 40s. Most of the remainder of February will likely see temperatures average somewhat above normal.

Morning thoughts...

Today will be partly  to mostly sunny and cooler. Temperatures will likely top out mainly in the middle 40s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 46°

Newark: 46°

Philadelphia: 48°

Periods of light rain are likely tomorrow. Precipitation totals will generally come to 0.25”-0.50”. A little frozen precipitation is possible at the start far north and west of New York City. Upstate New York and northern New England will likely see an all snow event. It will also turn milder.