Current Observations: Met Winter 20-21

17 minutes ago, Psv said:

This wind can stop anytime now. March is the worst for wind, truly terrible. 

13 minutes ago, Analog96 said:

I don't have the exact numbers, but I believe March is statistically the windiest month of the year.

Get ready for more 30-40 MPH gusts Thursday and Friday.

March blows, is the moral of the story.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good morning all from Starkville, MS! Yep, Mississippi that is, where i’m at currently finishing up my degree, and already my semester begins today, although classes have already been cancelled! Crazy

Always reppin   

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

March blows, is the moral of the story.

Agreed.  Too warm for snow often and too cold for true spring....however the Euro is torchy next Tue-Thur with 50's and 60's

1 hour ago, Analog96 said:

I don't have the exact numbers, but I believe March is statistically the windiest month of the year.

Get ready for more 30-40 MPH gusts Thursday and Friday.

it is. And it’s not a warm wind

Had 56 MPH wind gusts up here in RI. It was deafening even with the windows closed. Woke me up at just about midnight. Keep repeating myself when I say I just couldn't imagine what even a strong cat 1 cane would do up here with 90 MPH sustained and a few higher gusts. 56MPH and small branches and limbs all over the place. I watched a few videos on the IOWA Derecho on youtube. They had hurricane force sustained with gusts as high as 120. Trees down everywhere. UnExpletetivebelievable!!! Don't eff with mother nature!!!

Morning thoughts...

In contrast to yesterday, temperatures were in the 20s and 30s this morning rather than teens and 20s. Today will be partly sunny and much milder. Temperatures will likely top out mainly in the upper 40s and lower 50s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 48°

Newark: 50°

Philadelphia: 54°

Tomorrow will be fair but cooler. Early next week could see the arrival of the warmest weather so far this season.

Morning thoughts...

Today will see a continuation of the recent fair weather. It will be a little cooler than yesterday was. Temperatures will likely top out mainly in the middle and upper 40s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 46°

Newark: 47°

Philadelphia: 50°

A dry but cool weekend lies ahead. Next week could see the arrival of the warmest weather so far this season.

Morning thoughts...

Today will be mostly sunny and unseasonably cold. Temperatures will likely top out mainly in the middle and upper 30s in most of the region. Likely high temperatures around the region include:

New York City (Central Park): 36°

Newark: 37°

Philadelphia: 38°

A dry but cool weekend lies ahead. Next week will likely see the arrival of the warmest weather so far this season. Cooler weather could develop near or after mid-month.

Snow statistics for the March 16-31, 1991-2020 base period:

New York City: Average: 1.7”; 53% cases with measurable snow; 23% cases with 4” or more; most snow: 9.4”, 1992

Philadelphia: Average: 1.2”; 43% cases with measurable snow; 10% cases with 4” or more; most snow: 7.6”, 2018