Met Winter 20-21: Pattern Drivers & Evolution

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While there's reasonable agreement on a -AO and -NAO persisting into early January, there is some uncertainty WRT whether or not the Pacific side offers any help or not. The EPS develops a +EPO into e

I'm starting to get a little more excited for early-mid December. It looks like the Pacific jet will retract significantly, which is the real reason for the retrograding Alaskan LP. Upper level diverg

Hey all!   I apologize for my absence as i'm currently in the "heat" of finishing up my undergrad, working on some side projects, and working with my advisor regarding, well grad school; tha

Posted Images

BAM

How we open Dec.

Great job @Grace and I know Greg was N too, but when we bought the warmer opening to Dec, then we caught it later but she was 1st and  never waivered.

Posted November 16

1. DEC 1-25...much colder east of Rockies. A very good stretch of winter...especially DEC 8-25. A very brief cool shot 1st week of DEC begins the change. 

4 minutes ago, RAllen964 said:

Fair, but I wasn’t envisioning a ULL set up for it. 

Would prefer that ULL to be further east. Hopefully we can get there 

That may run to Chicago or go east of Eric.

I like horseshoe blocks. 

Too far to tell.

It's beats a 580dm ridge centered over State College tho.

• 33andrain changed the title to Met Winter 20-21: Pattern Drivers & Evolution
  • NJwxguy78 changed the title to Mid/Long Range:Met Winter 20-21: Pattern Drivers & Evolution