The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s to hoping the next time we have a 296 page thread, we are tracking a HECS within 96 hours on all models. 

Btw... this is a great core group of political junkies we have posting in here. It’s been very informative and we’ve been... mostly well behaved... present company excluded.  Wanted to thank everyone

No, I suck too.  You know why?   Because we’re all in this together.   I’m an American first - I am only as good or as bad as the best or the worst American.   It’s not “

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

There are so many lawsuits right now what you are seeing counted right now may not even stand in 30 days.

Yeah I just don't buy this for more than 5 seconds. If there's any state that would hang in the balance, maybe GA if it's as close as it looks, I don't see any other state ultimately being that close, but it wouldn't be relevant by that point.

If all that's left is legally dubious lawsuits - you've already lost. 

Just now, wxmd529 said:

I think you don’t even believe that 

There are so many legal challenges right now in each individual State and for a myriad of reasons that no one could possibly know what the SCOTUS will decide.

States will be challenged on ballots on postmarks on signatures.

And there's always a chance during the upcoming time frame which I explained yesterday could alter the race. 

Only an Ostrich thinks this is going to end with ballot counting. 

Republicans' likely hold on the Senate is forcing Joe Biden's transition team to consider limiting its prospective Cabinet nominees to those who Mitch McConnell can live with, according to people familiar with the matter.

Why it matters: The new Senate political math could dash the ambitions of some Democrats, including those who have clashed with Republicans.

• It could push Biden to go with more centrist options, like Lael Brainard for Treasury or Tony Blinken for State, sources tell Axios.
  • Susan Rice and Stacey Abrams could be early casualties, depending on McConnell's posture.
  • But it could also open paths for others, like Sen. Chris Coons, who could benefit from a tradition of senatorial courtesy for quick confirmations of nominees within its ranks.

A source close to McConnell tells Axios a Republican Senate would work with Biden on centrist nominees but no "radical progressives" or ones who are controversial with conservatives.

• The Biden agenda would be severely restricted by GOP control, the source added: "It's going to be armed camps."
1 minute ago, fireguy286 said:

Yeah I just don't buy this for more than 5 seconds. If there's any state that would hang in the balance, maybe GA if it's as close as it looks, I don't see any other state ultimately being that close, but it wouldn't be relevant by that point.

The courts deciding on deadlines is a key because it effects large chunks of ballots. Those are the risks posed when it goes to the courts. 

My point is this ends in the courts and not ballot counting. 

Like it or not the Administration has a right to file, but it was expected IMO.

5 minutes ago, fireguy286 said:

Pennsylvania made dubious remarks about how they would qualify ballots before the election even started. 

2 minutes ago, mcscrew said:

pissed because they can't disenfranchise voters?

No dude they were kicked out of Ballots Stations and under election LAW have the right to have a supervisor present 

• 33andrain changed the title to The 2020 Election -- Joe Biden Declared Winner 11/7